Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if anyone could help me.. my infotainment itself works perfectly fine except a major feature. The screen itself won't register actions and it makes it impossible to use the settings. Is there a fix or is the screen just destroyed.. visibly there is no damages but I get no response from any of the buttons on screen. I've reset the machine on multiple occasions and still nothing. All the functions work fine.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm slightly losing my mind

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can you provide more information about what is actually happening? Maybe a video if what the problem is?
Right now the only suggestion I can give you is to reset the system manually. Press the tiny button on the upper left (#3):
1578778236157.png

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So everything that the system does works fine. (Audio, video, computer functionalities such as system settings,clocks tuning) the system itself runs perfectly.

The screen in which I tap on to select options or menu's.. does not function. There is no response from me touching the screen to the button I'm trying to touch. So say I hit the menu button(plastic hard button) it brings up the selections on screen for "information" and "system settings".. I can't select either of them from the screen. Resetting the system does not fix this.

I will upload a video in a few hours or so to describe better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm having difficulties uploading the 10sec clip.

I believe my screen needs replacing based off some of the other threads in this forum.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There's a possibility just reseating the ribbon style connector for the display may remedy this - you will need to remove and disassemble, not a big deal if you have the skills. Might be worth trying before you try replacing the display

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a possibility just reseating the ribbon style connector for the display may remedy this - you will need to remove and disassemble, not a big deal if you have the skills. Might be worth trying before you try replacing the display
I'll give that a try, Ty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 and a couple times not long after we bought it, it had frozen up too. From the picture above use a paper clip to push the button labeled #3 in the above photos. That reset the system and then it worked great. We did that twice and since have never had a problem. It has been a about 5 years since it has happened.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: So i managed to pull about my head unit few days ago and played around with the connections making sure everything was solid.. 1 wire wasnt completely set but even after i made sure everything fit soundly.. i still am having the problem. I even cleaned the screen and around the edges the best i could. There is not any wiggle on the screen placement either, its tight. i may have to do some shopping for a used one from a junker or save for a new unit. Eitherway it works every couple of months.. i had the car running for about half a day, driving up country when it started working randomly.. worked the rest of the day till i shut off the car. haha made sure i fixed my balances!

·
weekend racer
7,211 Posts
when i replaced mine with a ebay unit (my original screen got cracked by accident) it worked great . recently in the cold ive discovered the top 1/2 inch is no longer responsive lol.

i don't think i'll ever replace it unless it stops working completely. i really only use it to set new XM stations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Totes purchased a replacement unit from elsee.. I hope it lives up to its expectations and reviews. As soon as I have it I'll install it and let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So i didnt really record a video but i have an update. I received my Belsee Android 9.0 head unit a couple days ago and installed it myself.
They marked off all the adapter wires perfectly and as soon as i grounded it out with both the original ground, the ground they have for the head unit and an additional ground i added for measure... it works perfectly! im so happy with it right now.
It also has a tablet-like feel and operation, very similar to and android s9.

Would recommend to purchase for your veloster of 2011-2017 models!

·
weekend racer
7,211 Posts
very cool... got a link?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Apologies.. haha didnt occur to me so thank you.

Belsee.com
So to my understanding they specialize in stock head unit replacement, they are as far as i can tell a "Plug and Play" type purchase, they provide all the extra and needed adapters for each specific unit they sell. During these trying times the customer service was also excellent (a little patience goes a long way).

The below link is the exact unit i ordered. This unit took me only a few hours to install.

·
weekend racer
7,211 Posts
That’s cool! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts