Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an interim notice today that my car will be recall and I will get a second notice once the remedy is ready.

Basically, those of us with Tire Mobility Kits (TMK) have to plug them into the outlet in the car. That outlet, in this model, might have been excessively tightened and could disable the operation of the thermal fuse. Shorter version: your car can catch fire! When they are ready to replace that outlet, they will let us know when we can bring them in. IN the meantime, should you have a tire issue DO NOT USE the TMK but contact Hyundai instead.

NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-393
Hyundai Recall number: 193

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This recall also applies to 3 other Hyundai models: 2012 Accent; 2011-2012 Elantra; 2011-2012 Sonata Hybrid.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Interesting. My daughter has used that pump multiple times with her 2012r. Fortunately, no fires. Double fortunately, I replaced that mobility kit with a spare tire and jack kit.

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
Yup, we posted about it here

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, we posted about it here
I had no idea from your post title. But thanks for the warning that took Hyundai another 4 weeks to actually notify us of!

·
Registered
335 Posts
These are "hot" cars in more ways than one

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
78 Posts
I just posted about this having not seen either of your posts. I got my "second" notification yesterday but never got the first one :LOL:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hint! Don't go on line and make an appointment as the letter suggests. Call and talk to someone first because they'll probably have to order parts. I went in to get this done a week ago and I'm still waiting for them to call me to set up a new appointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts