1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L I4 & 6-Speed Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, meet Daisy!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

I got her around the beginning of June, and we've been through quite a bit since then. A few 500 mile road trips, a slashed tire, a 1hr rear shock replacement that turned into a 4 day job, a 2hr front strut replacement that turned into a week long job, all cause whoever worked on her last didn't give her the proper care that she deserved, but I'm trying to change that.

All in all, a very fun car to drive, my first ever manual and I think due to that, I'm going to be replacing the clutch some time soon... But for now she's still kickin it!

Along with the front struts and rear shocks, I've gotten all new tires, new spark plugs, air filters, did an oil change, and have been doing smaller things as well such as replacing a rattling speaker, a new door handle as the old chrome wrap was coming off, just quality of life things.

My main issue right now is the fact that my shifter can feel a bit clunky here and there when switching between gears, and while I understand the fact that on a 138K transmission, it can be wear on the synch, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for how I could remedy this other than rebuilding the transmission itself? On top of that, any other major things to replace around this time that aren't usually listed in the owner's manual to keep her running for as long as I can would be great!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
You can change the shifter end bushings at the trans which will help. They are rubber and degrade eventually. Any idea when the fluid was changed? 60k is the interval.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L I4 & 6-Speed Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased at 129K, and am unsure of what maintenance was done before it. Is it difficult to drain and fill the fluid myself, or should I just bring it to a mechanic and have them deal with it?

Also, is this the part you're referring to? Seems like a good morning job.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
these...

i would double check with them that the ends are not different on the non turbo but i don't think they are. also fairly easy to install after removing the battery / tray / unbolting the ecu.

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 4 of 4 Posts