Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this car back in 2016, been the most reliable car I've ever had I'll say, currently sitting at 104k miles from back when I bought it at under 30k miles, and in that entire time I have never had any real serious issues until recently.

This is a DCT Clutch, and in order to get the car to go in manual, you need to physically move the shifter to switch it to 1st gear and so on. I have NEVER driven this car in its manual mode but for some reason now the car will put itself into 1st gear, then sometimes shift back to D. I've noticed this happens a lot when I am accelerating from a complete stop, or pulling out of parking lot, but when I am on the freeway going at a set speed it never happens. This has become very frustrating because I'll be trying to pull out and my revs shoot up because the damn thing went to 1st gear on its own and I have to reset the shifter by engaging manual and putting it back into D, but it'll do this fairly often. Been also seeing that sometimes the cars rpms will go up without even having my foot on the gas and then will go back down. I've read around and have seen that this could be either an electrical issue or a switch on the shifter itself. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much, my local shops have been saying this is an issue that only a dealership could fix but if someone here has some advice, I'm all ears.

Thank you in advance all, if you guys need more info please let me know and I'll try to update asap.

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,729 Posts
sounds like the clockspring COULD be the culprit then.

· Registered
9 Posts
I know this post is a bit old, but take it to the Hyundai Dealer and ask them about the Clockspring recall. They had to check mine, it ended up being fine, but they did recall the Clockspring. Faulty Clockspring's can cause all sorts of weird issues with the buttons on the steering wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts