Veloster Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
weekend racer
7,555 Posts
This is what it looks like in one piece for thread reference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is what it looks like in one piece for thread reference.
Yes, I have a remanufactured DCT already waiting in the sidelines. The teeth should be square like in your pic, and many of mine are broken or pointed. Looks like catastrophic failure of the dual mass flywheel... and had the dealer torn it apart (for $7000 plus labor) the flywheel would have been an additional $2k. So far I have around $2.3k in parts, and a few hours of labor... most of the time is spent finding the parts online and getting them. The flywheel is coming from the UK for about $400 in 2-3 weeks. The remanufactured DCT came from Wisconsin for $1600. While everything is apart, I am replacing worn and broken items like ball joints, brakes, radiator support, and missing under-car trim panels. My last hurdle will be the programming/re-learning of the computer. A hack GDS is available around $200.. hopefully that will be the last piece to this puzzle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Anyone know the tightening torque specs for the flywheel? I thought it was 40 footpounds... but that seems kinda whimpy. I've looked for hours, and it's not in the "service manual" I have... in fact there's nothing about the engine at all.

·
weekend racer
7,555 Posts
Sounds about right. I can consult the veloster manual later tonight.

·
weekend racer
7,555 Posts
kdmtuners clutch install for veloster turbo 46 minutes in

flywheel bolts on manual are 55lbft in a star pattern with a little red loctite

clutch plate bolts on manual are 22lbft in a star pattern with a little blue loctite

not sure if this will work for you but these are the values for manual.

Reactions: jkt1954

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nearing the home stretch... can someone confirm a GDS is REQUIRED to re-learn/reset the shift points? I have researched endlessly online, and the documents with the bootleg machines don't list any year veloster as it being required. Since the service manual says it is a requirement to be reset, I tend to believe it, but if none of the machines support the V, does it even need to be done?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Maybe some re-qualification is required... I know a GDS is required to access the logics... my question is does the V need to be reset at all on the DCT swap?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts