Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my battery died in my base 2017 veloster. Replaced it and now as I said my idiot lights are all on and I’m getting like 4 miles to the gallon. Also my speedometer is not working. Would appreciate any help that y’all can lend. Or advice

·
Registered
651 Posts
I recommend to remove the battery and let it set for a while. While sitting short the two battery connections for a minute or two. This is the best I can offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do you mean by short the two battery connections? And I was told it was unnecessary to remove the negative terminal is that accurate

·
Registered
651 Posts
"What exactly do you mean by short the two battery connections?"

Remove battery connections. Take the battery current completely out of the system.
Short the battery connections. Touch and hold the battery connectors (cables) together for a minute.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I’ve tried unhooking it, overnight. Pull the ecu fuses, power steering is out and all the lights are on. Extremely rich on the gas to o2 ratio. Duck

·
Super Moderator
4,333 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Disconnect the positive terminal at the battery. Then put the positive terminal against a good grounding point on the engine and leave it that way for a few hours. The ECU and Body Computer needs to completely reset. The procedure I describe will clear everything that does not have an internal battery backup and will generally clear those as well. After reconnecting, the car should function normally, but the ECU will then start the process of "learning" your driving style and tune itself to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. After trying many things and becoming frustrated took it to the dealership to find out that between the battery dying and my replacing it 5 fuses had blown. Once replaced most things were fixed. Also found out I should only be using ngk spark plugs. Some 60$ per (4). Having changed them out to ngk and having the fuses replaced. Car runs great. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts