Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Overboost code , all work was dealership work , they changed rcv valve , then had misfires so they changed sparkplugs , then said the wastegate was faulty so changed the turbo , then noticed the boost solenoid had exploded , get my car back, it overheats and now it in again for the headgasket...all in 2 months , what the hell is going on ??? They said after this boost solenoid being changed they dont know what to do anymore... they are just shooting parts at it. Feeling desperate since i havent drove the car in past months and make payments on it

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,555 Posts
yeah may be time to pull the car to a better dealer... lots of that stuff should be diagnosable, especially the headgasket with a compression and leakdown test.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
68 Posts
Had a Overboost code , all work was dealership work , they changed rcv valve , then had misfires so they changed sparkplugs , then said the wastegate was faulty so changed the turbo , then noticed the boost solenoid had exploded , get my car back, it overheats and now it in again for the headgasket...all in 2 months , what the hell is going on ??? They said after this boost solenoid being changed they dont know what to do anymore... they are just shooting parts at it. Feeling desperate since i havent drove the car in past months and make payments on it
Must have had air in coolant from changing turbo. Failure of rcv and Watergate solinoid is normal. Sounds a lot like they don't know what they are doing since they changed the turbo over a wastegate not working when the solinoid was busted. I wouldn't want them working on my car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i guess ill have to change dealer ship , only mod is an Ark Cat-Back exhaust, and i mean who doesnt know to burp the system ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts