Veloster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Iowa and Drive in Illinois. Winters and Illinois roads suck. While I love the look of low profile tires. They just can't handle the horrible roads of Illinois. Low profile tires and crappy roads do not mix. I've had problems every winter with air leaks. I've also bent two rims on pot holes. So after doing some calculations on tire circumference. It looks like 205r/55-16 have identical revolutions per mile as the 215r/40-18. What I'm not sure of is rotor clearance on my 2013 nav with manual transmission. Anyone out there slapped on a set of 16's?.

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
you'll be fine. 16 inch wheels fit OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the look of 16" rims

I have. They fit.
Good to know. I too have bent 2 rims on a pothole and instantly got 2 flat tires (on passenger side). I'm considering 16" wheels and 4 new tires. I'm told that the tread on my 2 good tires is 5/32" so replacing them fairly soon would be inevitable. (and 16" tires are quite a bit cheaper). I'm just wondering if this ruins the look - not that I bought the car for its low-profile tires. I'd appreciate a smoother ride and less road noise which I'm told will happen with the 16s. Did you experience that? And did the benefits outweigh the con of losing its original appearance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanxs for the replies. Most likely go with black rims with candy red spokes. Maybe all candy red. Time to start shopping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
16in wheels sounds like it would be a great idea not just for winter tires but for obtaining a lightweight rim/tire combo. I am sure it would improve slightly MPG's and offer more fun easier to spin the wheels excitement.

·
Registered
16 VT
802 Posts
Im not too sure, but I can almost read where they didnt take the stickers off the rear tire! HA great job!

No, but here are some sizes that should work.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
78 Posts
I'm running 205/55r16 on mine.

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
Those sparco wheels are sold on tire rack. They offer them with every winter tire package they can.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
78 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts