Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently all I have done to my 2016 Veloster Turbo (automatic) is a cat-back exhaust and an air intake. The issue I've been having is when in open throttle and in higher gears around 4k, it seems like the turbo flutters while accelerating and sounds like it is surging. This is followed by the car going into limp mode, low power, and the turbo doesn't spool until I turn the car off and start again. Not too long ago I installed the MAC BOV Solenoid upgrade from kdmtuners, but didn't fix my problem. There was a previous forum post I found discussing this, but no solution was found. I'll leave a link to a YT video to a 13' Veloster having a similar sounding issue. If anyone smarter than me can help out, it'll be greatly appreciated.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
that is neat... trust you have checked all your pipes and clamps. which solenoid did you replace - wastegate or bov. what code(s) do you get.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
OEM BOV? i would pop it off and check for rips/tears in the rubber diaphragm. most likely you will be able to visually see them. once off the car you can push it in the middle and hold your finger over the vacuum port. it shouldn't release the bov piston if the bov is good until you take your finger off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts