Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Your owner's manual should suggest one of two maintenance schedules: 6,000 for severe conditions (extreme heat, extreme cold, etc.) or 12,000 for normal conditions. I suppose this 1,000 mile check recommended by BlueLink is just an introductory checkup where nothing would be done unless something was found and then at no charge, hopefully.

Here's Hyundai's maintenance schedule: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/maintenance-schedule/index.aspx

·
Registered
15 Posts
^That's incorrect at least for the N..I just brought mine in at 5k(I had checked oil few times prior) as I had a free one good till end of June- whatever I figured 1st one 1k miles early all good. According to service mgr I was 2k late! Yeah even though I don't do many short trips, deal with stop and go traffic, or extreme heat and this car will be garaged the majority of the winter- definitely when there's weather- evidently Hyundai has predetermined my area to as 'severe' and that's what dealer said I should follow at least in case I have a powertrain issue/claim down the road to not give Hyundai a possible out. To me, esp with today's oils- N using full synthetic to boot this is madness and I'm in full out refusal mode as I see it as nothing more than a cash grab. So yeah 6k normal 3k severe and Hyundai gets to determine what my conditions are- funny dealer didn't mention this at time of purchase..what the what!

As for OP question up to you- needed no if you want the added assurance- can't hurt!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.