Veloster Forum banner

2019 Veloster Turbo Check Engine Light

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tippee 
#1 ·
Hello!

I bought my car 3 weeks ago. The check engine light came on this past Sunday (solid light, not flashing). The car has 1,300kms on it. I have an appointment tomorrow, i'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? If so, what was the problem?

#3 ·
i assume you drove off the lot with the oil that was sitting in that car for months, possibly a year, even though its new?

#7 ·
Save a little more for the MX or LX OBDII scanners. Those cheap $20 dollar scanners actually can cause some issues, both me & TyBardy have experienced.

#11 ·
i had my car for less that 600 miles and it did the same thing. I took it in and they first said it was the turbo bypass valve and reset it. came back on the next day took it back in and it ended up being the hose connected to the turbo sylinoid (or however you spell it). They stated rodent damage and wanted to charge me $120 USD to fix it. I was like no its got less than 600 miles on it when I brought it in the first time. SO they fixed it free of charge and its been awesome since. I did end up buying a code reader and am using the free Torque app to connect to it. Thats how I knew it was the same thing the second time.

#12 ·
So, it was a history code for the thermostat. They said it could have just been an air bubble in the line or something. They said if it happens again they'll warranty replace the thermostat.

Enter today: light came on again, car's in the shop right now. Now has 3500 kms on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.