1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oni888

Thread: remove/replace shift knob

remove/replace shift knob

bought myself the leather shift knob for my 2016 Veloster automatic. read a couple posts on removing the damn thing but im old and stupid and dont quit understand how to accomplish it. done it numerous times on my Tiburons and it was simple as chit. can someone walk me thru it or have "how to" pics, please? i dont want to destroy anything over a few bucks for a shift knob. dealer yesterday offered to do it for 25 bucks which if it all goes into the mech's pocket (poor guy has to eat too) and i had the knob with me, i would have done it, but its on its way from Chicago to OH yet. thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

never mind, knob came yesterday and i was able to figure out how to do it. took all of 3 minutes using the "special tool" the dealer told me i needed. dont know if he meant 2 fingers to pull down the metal trim cover or the pocket screwdriver to nudge out the "c" clip so i could remove it. i was even told that if i broke the clip, you have to buy the whole shift assembly. surprise, surprise, the new knob comes with the clip and you would have to be a completely inept idiot to break that clip.
    Puppetz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements