1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: SOLO Performance Veloster TURBO V-Mach 2N1 Catback Exhaust Kit

im in for a converter as well

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Im buying from Canada! pm me for the info pls

Anyone receive and install their exhaust yet? I want to hear other people's opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Steve: left you a VM ...call me

2013 Veloster Turbo 6spd MT - Ultimate edition: Turbosocks FMIC, Solo Performance Catback, HKS Style BOV, 3" Turbosocks CAI, 18x8.5" Enkei Kojins ..BTRcc dyno tune coming August 17th !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartman View Post
    Steve: left you a VM ...call me

..placed my order...

2013 Veloster Turbo 6spd MT - Ultimate edition: Turbosocks FMIC, Solo Performance Catback, HKS Style BOV, 3" Turbosocks CAI, 18x8.5" Enkei Kojins ..BTRcc dyno tune coming August 17th !!!

Thanks so much for the support so far! We are so happy to be here and see a very enthusiastic Veloster community!!!

Installed my Solo Exhaust today.... I have to say I am in LOVE, and it aint with a woman!!!!!!!! This exhaust sounds so amazing. It puts the stock exhaust to total shame.

As others have said, there's no drone at all and when you get on the throttle you can really hear it. When you let off and coast along, it's very quiet. It's really amazing how it does this, i've never had an exhaust have such a wide range of sound level, but it's great for every day life.

Thanks again Solo Performance for making an incredible product!
    2013 Veloster Turbo | M/T Marathon Blue | Base | Solo Exhaust | Tint

Quote Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post
    Installed my Solo Exhaust today.... I have to say I am in LOVE, and it aint with a woman!!!!!!!! This exhaust sounds so amazing. It puts the stock exhaust to total shame.

As others have said, there's no drone at all and when you get on the throttle you can really hear it. When you let off and coast along, it's very quiet. It's really amazing how it does this, i've never had an exhaust have such a wide range of sound level, but it's great for every day life.

Did you use the res??

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartman View Post
    Did you use the res??

Yes I used the resonator. I wasn't sure how loud it was going to be and I felt like the resonator sounded better from Solo's video.

I am very happy with the setup with the resonator (though I haven't heard the straight pipe in person.) I don't feel like I need it any louder and the exhaust note is music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post

Thanks so much for the great feedback and we are so happy that you are smiling ear to ear! Welcome to the SOLO family and you're very welcome!! Have a great day and enjoy going SOLO!

Steve

Those are some good numbers on that license plate =) Did you get those letters on purpose (or whoever the owner is), quite funny in the urban dictionary when you look it up.

SOLO! You've made my decision very hard. I'm torn now! This looks like it has the making to be the best bang for buck catback. Especially at this GB price. I'll have to think hard over the next couple of weeks.
    Squirtle: 2013 Ocean Blue Veloster Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo85 View Post
    SOLO! You've made my decision very hard. I'm torn now! This looks like it has the making to be the best bang for buck catback. Especially at this GB price. I'll have to think hard over the next couple of weeks.
    Hey Mingo, where in GTA are you? When you hear this in person the choice is easy. Plus if you are in the GTA Im sure the guys at Solo will help you out with the install.
    Last edited by mwil028; 03-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwil028 View Post
    Hey Mingo, where in GTA are you? When you hear this in person the choice is easy. Plus if you are in the GTA Im sure the guys at Solo will help you out with the install.
    I second that, if you hear the Solo exhaust in person, your ears will make the final decision for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mwil028 View Post
    Seriously? So we can save on shipping as well or instead maybe the shipping costs could be put towards their with the install? That would be an amazing bonus! Would also save me having to pay after it ships to me to get it installed.

I'm usually in the central core, north and out east but I can make a trip anywhere in GTA if we can get that kind of support!!

So far just the sounds from video are impressive and how quiet it is in the cabin is crazy! Especially with the res in, I won't need to go for a variable actuator and not have the performance gains half the time. Speaking of performance, I don't think I've seen any details about this yet. Has the better flow created better HP. No dynos yet right?

Seriously? So we can save on shipping as well or instead maybe the shipping costs could be put towards their with the install? That would be an amazing bonus! Would also save me having to pay after it ships to me to get it installed.

I'm usually in the central core, north and out east but I can make a trip anywhere in GTA if we can get that kind of support!!

So far just the sounds from video are impressive and how quiet it is in the cabin is crazy! Especially with the res in, I won't need to go for a variable actuator and not have the performance gains half the time. Speaking of performance, I don't think I've seen any details about this yet. Has the better flow created better HP. No dynos yet right?
    You should call Jeff or Steve from solo they are very accommodating. I'm sure they will work something out if you are local.

As for sound, quiet inside, loud outside. And the different tones that come out of this thing are crazy lol.

To my knowledge there isn't any dyno numbers yet. But it feels faster, if that has any weight.

Oh and look at what I had them do the other day lol. Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1363363625.326758.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  184.5 KB

They are near where I bought my car. Cools!

How's the sound when you drive granny like? Hoping that it is nice and quiet to the point you don't know it is aftermarket. So under 2500rpm. (I'm sure this one is hard to answer since it'll be better hard to not want to step on it with that sound!)

Looks like I'll give Jeff a call since he has a local number from their site.

Those tips look good! Hey so you're BPTF. Look that up, it's pretty funny =) Thanks for all the help.

They are near where I bought my car. Cools!

How's the sound when you drive granny like? Hoping that it is nice and quiet to the point you don't know it is aftermarket. So under 2500rpm. (I'm sure this one is hard to answer since it'll be better hard to not want to step on it with that sound!).
    You don't have to drive granny to keep it quiet. Put the resonator on and it's pretty quiet until u step on it.
    Under normal acceleration you get a nice low rumble. Get to cruising speed and and sound is next to nothing, with the radio volume at 6-10 u won't notice the exhaust sound. You certainly don't have to yell to have a conversation. I have kids and they don't mind the exhaust.

With those tips that they just put on it got even quieter inside the car. But it's sounds just as mean when standing behind the car.

MTD
    The Weirtech catback that I had on my car made about 9whp on a dyno. I'd expect most of the rest from Solo, Magnaflow, etc all to be around the same HP gains.
    '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8
    '15 TLX SH-AWD

Had on ur car? What happened to it?

I wonder if I would pay for new tips. Hmmm... Are those the T027-03? Looks good. The stock one does look a tad boring.

Thanks again for all the info. Hard decision to make here. But I'm leaning towards SOLO and the much better bang for buck option at this point (oddly enough I guess that would match the whole motto of this car anyway) since the savings would essentially net me coilovers or new rubber.

23. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast