1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mach 2N1 Modular Catback Exhaust Kit

Mach 2N1 Modular Catback Exhaust Kit

Kit Name: Mach-2N1 Catback Exhaust Kit
    Application: 2012-present Hyundai Veloster 1.6L Manual and Automatic (non-turbo only)

All of us at Solo Performance are excited to bring our MACH-2N1 converter back exhaust kit to the Veloster community. This is a stainless steel, mandrel bent free flow, 2 ¼” exhaust kit that makes your Veloster sound as good as it looks. This no drone exhaust kit has a deep, rich, raw smooth tone that sounds incredible on the outside while being non-invasive on the inside. Acceleration and downshifting has a rich deep sound with no trouble RPM ranges that are usually associated with 4 cyl’s. Once you get up to speed on the highway the system becomes quiet. The MACH-2N1 is literally like two systems in one...all the performance sound you’ll ever want on acceleration and quiet at cruise speeds. This hard to engineer combination is not why we named the Veloster kit what we did. Solo gives you a distinct choice... let us explain.

Too many times when people purchase an exhaust kit they wish it was louder or quieter than the set up that they have. Customers know this is a problem and so do we. Solo Performance is known for giving their customers choice when it comes to performance exhaust kits but this is the first time we have incorporated the choice into one kit. When you buy the Solo MACH-2N1 cat-back stainless steel exhaust kit it comes with a mid resonator and also a straight pipe that can be installed in place of that resonator. The free flow stainless resonator acts like a mini muffler and quietens the exhaust note. Replace this resonator with our straight pipe ( eliminating the resonator ) and it becomes louder by 4DBs. (All DBs are listed below) Solo gives you extra band clamps so that you can swap out your resonator for the straight pipe as you may want to have your car quieter for daily driving and then louder for race day. Veloster gives you an extra door...Solo gives you an extra exhaust note!

We also have an Ultra High Flow Catalytic Converter for your Veloster that can be purchased separately. ( Please check the Solo Performance Veloster Ultra High Flow Converter Thread for further information )
    Solo Performance ... Inspired Performance for your Hyundai Veloster!

2012-present Hyundai Veloster 1.6L Automatic and Manual MACH-2N1 Exhaust Kit Details:
    • Stainless Steel Cat-Back exhaust kit
    • 2 ¼” Mandrel bent exhaust
    • Completely Bolt-On using only regular tools
    • Solo free flow Mach series muffler with smooth transition Y pipe
    • Reinforced hangers
    • T-304 Stainless Steel reusable band clamps ( two extra band clamps are included so you can change from the resonator to straight pipe in minutes )
    • Solo Performance MR-Series resonator included for a quieter exhaust note
    • Stainless steel resonator eliminator pipe included for a louder exhaust note
    • Your Car, Your Choice.

We also have an Ultra High Flow Catalytic Converter for your Veloster that can be purchased separately. (Please check the Solo Performance Veloster Ultra High Flow Converter Thread for further information)
    Solo Performance ... Inspired Performance for your Hyundai Veloster!

Note: The stock Veloster Converter has a 2” outlet. If you are ordering our Solo “MACH-2N1” exhaust kit and are keeping your stock converter, the resonator and straight pipe that attaches to the converter will have to be restricted to 2”. If you are ordering our Solo Ultra High Flow Cat and our MACH-2N1 exhaust kit together as a package you will have a full 2 ¼” mandrel bent system without the 2” restriction at the back side of the converter.

Price: $638.96 with FREE UPS shipping in the continental US and parts of Canada

DECIBEL RATINGS from quietest to loudest:

Stock Exhaust system:
    Behind car – 75 db’s
    Take off 78 dbs
    Drive by -71 dbs

Stock Converter with Solo MACH-2N1 (with resonator):
    Behind car – 93 db’s
    Take off 93 dbs
    Drive by -91 dbs

Stock Converter with Solo MACH-2N1 (with straight pipe):
    Behind car – 96 db’s
    Take off 97 dbs
    Drive by -94 dbs

Solo High Flow Converter with Solo MACH-2N1 (with resonator):
    Behind car – 97 db’s
    Take off 97 dbs
    Drive by -94 dbs

Solo High Flow Converter with Solo MACH-2N1 (with straight pipe):
    Behind car – 100 db’s
    Take off 99 dbs
    Drive by -96 dbs

Contact Information:
    Steve Mariano
    Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
    516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
    [email protected]

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 10-29-2017 at 07:02 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Love it!!!!!

I have this exhaust on my V, my car was the tester for solo performance and is also the car in the video and I just wanna say I couldn't be more happy with it! It has a beautiful clean deeper throaty sounds.. It does NOT sound like those Hondas with fart cans it is probably the best sounding 4-cylinder I've ever heard! Always get comments on how good the V looks and now how amazing it sounds! Cannot go wrong with this kit! When cruising on highway cannot even hear the car from the inside nice and quiet but when you punch it you have your sound!!!!!! Love this kit big thanks to the boys at zorro muffler and solo performance for taking the time to custom make this kit for me and to make sure it fits and sounds exactly how I want! Will never go back to stock exhaust!!!! And for all f you with warranties it does not void your warranty for cat-back I called to confirm with Hyundai canada because I had the kit made and put on within a week of getting my V brand new! Turning heads everywhere now!
    Bigger Hammer likes this.

Hi Jaymzeg, Thanks so much for the use of your car for so many days. Without guys like you we never could develop these quality kits. Your patience, feedback and cooperation are very much appreciated. It was a blast driving your cat too!! Love the V! We're so glad that you're enjoying your "new" ride. I agree with your statement... it's like 2 kits in one. Quiet when you want it to be and a great performance exhaust note when you hit the gas! Thanks Jaymzeg! Call or e-mail if you ever need anything buddy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

kit looks good, could you make one with a quieter muffler? I guess the stealth you sell maybe

some people want a sporty sound without it being loud
    Last edited by velogangster; 01-27-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Keep it gangster.

Hey velogangster....this kit gives you the option of being on the more or less aggressive side with the interchangeable front pipe. You get the best of both worlds

Has this been tested on a Veloster Turbo?

We are arranging to have a turbo in the shop soon to design a kit for that. The turbo is different, so this kit will not work, as far as we know. Give us some time and let us try and get a turbo in the shop

make it 3" for the turbo
    Keep it gangster.

Hi Velogangster, 3" free-flow it is! The turbo's usually respond very well to the extra flow! We're looking forward to getting started with the turbo V. If there is anyone interested in the Southern Ontario area ( Hamilton Ontario ) that could offer their car to us for approximately 2 days we be very appreciative! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
    Hi Velogangster, 3" free-flow it is! The turbo's usually respond very well to the extra flow! We're looking forward to getting started with the turbo V. If there is anyone interested in the Southern Ontario area ( Hamilton Ontario ) that could offer their car to us for approximately 2 days we be very appreciative! Thanks!
    I might be interested.... Pm sent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PM sent back to you mwil028!! Thanks

So Iv been talking to the guys at Solo. And it looks like I'm going Solo! My VT is going to their fab shop next week.

Hopefully by late next week Solo will have something. I will keep everyone posted. As things develop.

Last edited by mwil028; 01-31-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Awesome! Looking forward to having you in the shop!!

Awesome something local I can check out

Friendly BUMP for an awesome exhaust kit for your Veloster!!!! Call me direct at 516-655-9002 anytime, 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Blog Entries
    id rather get the ARK exhaust personally

Quote Originally Posted by kduffy111 View Post
    id rather get the ARK exhaust personally
    Is arc the one with the triple tips? That's ugly with a capital U! Lol

Exhaust is always a matter of opinion...we know that for sure. We kindly believe that it isn't the best of respect to make a post like that in a group buy thread within a vendors section kduffy111. We appreciate you taking a look at our products. Thanks so much and have a great day!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
    Awesome! Looking forward to having you in the shop!!
    Hows the VT catback comin along?

shipping to 01518? in about a month ill hopefully be getting the NAV kit with the high flow cat. is the video above with the specified high flow cat or with the stock one? i currently have a cherry bomb glass pack axle back that i made and it sounds great but im getting sick of the drone. what are the MPG like with the kit?

23. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast