Veloster Forum banner

What Setup do you Recommend?

• Res Delete + Perf. Muffler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muffler Delete/Straight Pipe

• Performance Axle-Back Setup

What Exhaust Setup do YOU Have? I Need Help!

Tags
exhaust setup
5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Crispy 
#1 ·
Hey VT Owners,
I own a 2014 Veloster Turbo (Auto) and have had it for about 15 months. I'm finally in the market for an aftermarket exhaust so I can hear what she sounds like at last. Initially, I was looking at a resonator delete along with swapping the OEM mufflers out for a Magnaflow performance muffler; as I very much enjoy the deep throaty sound that MF is often able to provide. However, after taking my car to 3 various muffler shops yesterday I found out some bad news that I'm sure most of you are already familiar with... The way our stock muffler is set up is rather lackluster. All 3 shops informed me that due to the location and layout of the stock muffler, that installing an aftermarket muffler would be quite difficult as it would involve custom bending and welds (if my understanding is correct). 2 of the shops informed me that I may be better off going with a straight pipe setup while keeping the stock resonator, as it would be much more simple to do and would also cost about half the price; while still bringing my VT's sound to life.

And with this information I'm now curious. What exhaust work have you guys done to your VT's? How does it sound to you? If you could go back and change what you did, would you? And what would your ideal exhaust setup be?

Currently I'm thinking about an axle-back setup/kit or just going with a straight pipe. I very much like the price range of $200-400, so those full exhaust kit system setups are way out of my budget unfortunately. What would you guys suggest?

P.S if you're sharing what you did to your NAV, please explicitly say so! Just so I don't think that what you did to your car could work for mine as it won't be the comparing apples to apples.

See less See more
#2 ·
Magnaflow catback It is perfect for me. Has a great sound but no drone on the highway

Reactions: TenXsixPlus9
#4 ·
I think i paid around 350.00 installed by the vendor I bought it from

#7 ·
I've had a CNT catless downpipe and their catback now for three years. Still sounds and looks great. Best bang for the buck imo.
Damn does that ever look pretty lol. I like the pricing of their catback exhaust system but, it's in USD sadly. So far I'm leaning towards this setup though, so thanks a ton for sharing! Based on reviews I worry about the alignment and the fact that purchasers say the sound is not much more noticeable than stock.

#11 ·
sorry, i forgot about this thread I got my MF through pierce motorsports. they have sales on every holiday so if you can wait, it will be worth it

Reactions: misnblu
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.