1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: True PNW (WA and OR)

True PNW (WA and OR)

Hey fellow Veloster owners!

I've only seen 2 other V's on the road in 3 months... One Green and one Gray. How many on the Forum are here?

During the summer in Portland, there is a great weekly car show at PIR sponsored by Beaches restaurant. The V doesn't qualify to enter, but would be a fun place to meet up and enjoy the old rigs! I'll be there on my VMax (or the Mach1). Once in a while, I'll be racing the drags on 2 wheels

Any interest in meeting up? Curmudgeon?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    orbeavhawk likes this.
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Mine's blue and I haven't ever seen another one on the road yet although they seem to be selling well still. Local average sale price last I checked was still a tick over MSRP.

Yeah, I follow the local cruze-ins...luv the annual 'Best...by a Dam Site' at North Bonneville in July. The Beaches Restaurant meets can be a blast. Last summer, I enjoyed talking to an 'elderly' local (neat humble guy) parked behind the restaurant who was driving a Ford GT 40. On his arm was a gorgeous blond 30-something...when I looked in the car, the driver's seat had a roll of $$$ that would bankroll my retirement into the next century. Never figured that one out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dholcombe View Post
    ...Local average sale price last I checked was still a tick over MSRP.
    In October, I paid 'invoice', negotiated the clear bra from $795 down to $429, and received the $500 HMF rebate. The dealer nearest to you offered $500 under MSRP, others offered $200 over 'invoice', my closest dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP. Summary: of 5 local dealers, only 1 charged MSRP.

In my Clackamas county locale, I am the sole V owner to my knowledge. In the entire metro area, I have seen only 1 other V on the road...near Clackamas Town Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Yeah, I follow the local cruze-ins...luv the annual 'Best...by a Dam Site' at North Bonneville in July. The Beaches Restaurant meets can be a blast. Last summer, I enjoyed talking to an 'elderly' local (neat humble guy) parked behind the restaurant who was driving a Ford GT 40. On his arm was a gorgeous blond 30-something...when I looked in the car, the driver's seat had a roll of $$$ that would bankroll my retirement into the next century. Never figured that one out.
    That would be Ron. An acquaintance for about 15 years. He has a fleet of cars, old, new, exotic, etc. He always has a young one hanging on his arm. Funny how some women are only after the money, huh. Anyway, one of his other cars is a red Saleen. Cool thing is, he always drives them.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    That would be Ron. An acquaintance for about 15 years. He has a fleet of cars, old, new, exotic, etc. He always has a young one hanging on his arm. Funny how some women are only after the money, huh. Anyway, one of his other cars is a red Saleen. Cool thing is, he always drives them.
    Well, ya nailed that one...I had forgotten his name, but recalled it when reading your post. And yes, it was the red Saleen, not a GT (after a few drinks with dinner that night, I likely couldn't tell one from another...both mid-engined). But, I had the rest of the story correct: he was elderly, humble, had a gorgeous young tall female with him (although she seemed to have been inspecting the car...maybe they just met) and there was a roll of serious money big enough to choke a horse lying on the seat. People watching is great sport!

Well, ya nailed that one...I had forgotten his name, but recalled it when reading your post. And yes, it was the red Saleen, not a GT (after a few drinks with dinner that night, I likely couldn't tell one from another...both mid-engined). But, I had the rest of the story correct: he was elderly, humble, had a gorgeous young tall female with him (although she seemed to have been inspecting the car...maybe they just met) and there was a roll of serious money big enough to choke a horse lying on the seat. People watching is great sport!
    he's got the GT also, in blue. Fun place nonetheless. May see you there this year! I'll be by the bikes with my VMax.
    Doug

Just traded in my blue 350z for a blue V. Let me tell ya it's been a rough night letting go of that car, but I do like the V. Only reason I got rid of the Z is because I drive from Beaverton to Vancouver nearly everyday and the gas price was starting to kill me.

Anyway, I wouldn't walk out of the dealer unless I paid MSRP or under and I got what I KNOW my car is worth on trade. Needless to say it was a long 4 hours of negotiating, but I got what I wanted (and some apologies to boot!)

Quote Originally Posted by EvanP View Post
    Just traded in my blue 350z for a blue V. Let me tell ya it's been a rough night letting go of that car, but I do like the V. Only reason I got rid of the Z is because I drive from Beaverton to Vancouver nearly everyday and the gas price was starting to kill me.

Anyway, I wouldn't walk out of the dealer unless I paid MSRP or under and I got what I KNOW my car is worth on trade. Needless to say it was a long 4 hours of negotiating, but I got what I wanted (and some apologies to boot!)
    I saw a blue V in the Clackamas Town Center area recently, but that is only the 3rd V I've seen in the PDX area. It appears you're only the 6th PDX area member on the forum.

I bought in Beaverton at invoice in October...of the 6 local dealers, only 1 insisted on MSRP (wouldn't even consider the Hyundai/Motozuma $500 price match).

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your V.

I think I used the term MSRP incorrectly (or at least looking at the dealers paperwork). They had the MSRP listed at 28,650 which is ridiculous, I refused to pay more than 23 (with tech and style), and I didn't

I live in East Portland and I have only seen one other V in my area. It is Ironman Silver just like mine. I see them disappearing from the dealers around me, but none on the road.
    2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS - 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I live in East Portland and I have only seen one other V in my area. It is Ironman Silver just like mine. I see them disappearing from the dealers around me, but none on the road.
    My Ironman Silver lurks around the OC, Clackamas, & Columbia Gorge area frequently. The only silver I've seen on the road was in the I-84 exit to 238th last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanP View Post
    ...They had the MSRP listed at 28,650 which is ridiculous, I refused to pay more than 23 (with tech and style), and I didn't
    RIDICULOUS in caps, yes! That's an additional dealer markup (ADM) of $4,965 over the Monroney sticker (MSRP incl. $760 freight) of $23,685 for my DCT Tech with the 5 OEM 'added features'.

The dealer had added an ADM sticker of $2,995 to the car, but that only took about 3 seconds to dismiss until an invoice price was agreed to.

Enjoy.

Howdy, I live in the Tacoma, Wa area, but commute to Factoria every day for work. I have seen 4 other V's on the road, a blue, another white, a grey, and a black.

EDIT: Also, I have noticed HUGE mark-ups from MSRP as well. When asking dealers about it, they said it was due to demand of the car. But every dealers I bargained with instantly took it down to MSRP. Just my experience.
    Last edited by K4ndyLand; 03-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    White|Style Package|Red/Black Interior|DCT

My Ironman Silver lurks around the OC, Clackamas, & Columbia Gorge area frequently. The only silver I've seen on the road was in the I-84 exit to 238th last Friday.
    You that might of been me! lmao We went to see a movie there that day, was it Hauling Ass? We were running late and I recall being in a hurry to get there.
    2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS - 6 speed manual

Spotted a blue V (just like mine!) today on cornell at 143rd... and then I realized someone living in the apartments right next door to me has a black V! Pretty sweet

I finally saw one on Highway 26 last Tuesday night. Not sure of the exact time. Maybe around 10ish. Then I saw I think the same one on Wedneday morning on my way to work. It was headed south on 185th at the intersection of 185th and Walker. Still the only other one I've seen on the road in the 6 months since I got mine although there must be a bunch around here now.

Quote Originally Posted by dholcombe View Post
    I finally saw one on Highway 26 last Tuesday night. Not sure of the exact time. Maybe around 10ish. Then I saw I think the same one on Wedneday morning on my way to work. It was headed south on 185th at the intersection of 185th and Walker. Still the only other one I've seen on the road in the 6 months since I got mine although there must be a bunch around here now.
    Despite the dozens of Vs that have likely been sold in the Tri-County & Clark County area, I can still report that I've only seen 4 in the wild (Lake Oswego Gray, Troutdale Silver, Clackamas Blue & 1 other). I also know of a commuter from Oak Grove who works for a credit union off Hall Blvd (drives blue).

Last week, I was parked outside a Chinese business (Wong surname) and returned to my V to find a crowd of Wong employees very excitedly 'touring' the V. They were pleased to see a Korean vehicle that was so pleasing to them. They told me that their family boycots Japanese products, but wish to purchase from Asia.

I'm around the Bellevue/Renton/Everett area frequently. I have a blue V with custom exhaust and airbox from Nameless Performance. You'd hear me coming.

I saw one white one yesterday in the carpool lane going north on I-405 around 8:30 AM in Newcastle.
    2012 Hyundai Veloster; 2007 Jeep SRT-8; 2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII; 2009 Mazdaspeed3 (SOLD); 2004 WRX Wagon (RIP)

I have seen 1 vitamin C and 1 triathalon gray since i bought mine. When i was at Beaverton Hyundai the day i bought my V ( but not from them) They were all sold out and they had a 26.2 tech model in their showroom and they told me it was already sold and i saw the sticker and they sales guy actually said "And they acutally paid that price". "$28,99x.xx." I was like ????? and the sales guy said "yeah i know people really want this car". So i picked up my V from Larry Miller who was in Hillsboro but they didn't have the one i wanted (century with style and DCT) but they made a few calls and got one traded from T&C Hyundai. LM Hboro had 2 V's there but one was black Tech with 6sp MT and a 26.2 basic 6sp MT. Both were still in their "just delivered wrappings". I tested one out anyway. and ended up with exactly what i wanted for no where near the price of the 26.2 at Beaverton Hyundai. Also note that the 26.2 that was sold at the B hyundai was actually traded over from LM Hyundai which was funny because i told them we saw it there and they said "They sold it for HOW MUCH?!!"....lol

23. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast