1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Thread: Strange whistling Noise

Strange whistling Noise

Hi all, I'm hearing a strange whistling/squealing noise upon startup and acceleration with my NAV. It isn't the whistling associated with CAIs nor is it the squeaking associated with the serpentine belt/idler pulley. Has anyone else experienced an odd noise like this and can give some incite?
    2013 Ironman Silver NAV

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samglinsky View Post
    Hi all, I'm hearing a strange whistling/squealing noise upon startup and acceleration with my NAV. It isn't the whistling associated with CAIs nor is it the squeaking associated with the serpentine belt/idler pulley. Has anyone else experienced an odd noise like this and can give some incite?
    does this only happen on a cold start or when you first start to drive?
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE XWEK | XE ORCP | XE XWGS
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | HKS M45XL Plugs | TB Bypass | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | 75A Mounts | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV Venting-to-Atmosphere

It happens on cold start and as I'm driving, although I think it may die down a bit the longer I drive.
    2013 Ironman Silver NAV

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Hmmmm I have the same issue, especially on a cold start. It's like a whine.

Do you have any intake setup?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE XWEK | XE ORCP | XE XWGS
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | HKS M45XL Plugs | TB Bypass | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | 75A Mounts | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV Venting-to-Atmosphere

I do, I have the K&N Typhoon but it definitely isn't from the intake. I've never heard a noise like that coming from a car. It seems to be coming from the serpentine belt area but it definitely isn't the belt or pulleys. Maybe ill take it in since i still have the 60000 mile powertrain warranty. I wonder if they would charge me anything to check that out.
    2013 Ironman Silver NAV

Hopefully you're still here....... What was the outcome? Ive developed the same issue you've described. Any solution? Brought mine to the dealership(I also have a K&N COI, and also a Borla Axle back) I was told after 3 quick test rides, the tech has no clue and they were getting inconclusive readings due to the aftermarket parts. Then said he'd waive $159 diagnostic fee haha. What a guy smh.. Anyway, here's the best one he then "In order to really find the issue, id have to have the car back to stock. My friend, today I just hit 17K miles. Still have the warranty. To say I was heated when I left that Dealership is an understatement. So please, of you're still out there HELP!!! Thanks

I've been having the same issue here as well, just noticed it recently. Doing some research there was another thread about the same/similar issue here:

https://www.veloster.org/forum/37-hy...ats-noise.html

Not sure what the issue is, it happens to me only on cold starts and when accelerating before the engine gets up to temp.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements