1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yammyboy

Thread: Just installed brand new front sway bar now right side is creaking pierce front bar

Just installed brand new front sway bar now right side is creaking pierce front bar

Could it be that the end links are too long and that I have to get adjustable ones? it's a piece front bar set to its stiffest setting, it actually sounds like the bushings are creaking since we only installed it yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2016v View Post
    Could it be that the end links are too long and that I have to get adjustable ones? it's a piece front bar set to its stiffest setting, it actually sounds like the bushings are creaking since we only installed it yesterday.
    The one thing I learned about on installing aftermarket sway bars with poly bushings and no ZERK fittings to grease them is that eventually they will squeak after they get hot. I had the Pierce front bar installed on my 14 R Spec VT when I had it and even though I used the special grease that comes with it my front end started to squeak after one run thru the Dragons Tail. When I got home I used my motorcycle chain oil and sprayed on top of the sway bar bushings. The squeak went away and now and then would rear its ugly head and I sprayed again. my two last new camaros both had after market sway bars with zerk fittings at the mounts. they never squeaked. Guess you better get some chain oil?
    Incognito likes this.
    2017 Blue VT R Spec, PMS sway bars, tower & trunk brace,,2 PT brace,collars,KYB shocks,17X8 +45 rims,BFG SC A/S 235-45-17, 6th
    CAI, 6th DP, XOHP,XCP,Borla cat back,real carbon fiber stuff all around,65A ,dyno tuned,226hp&240tq.

2017 White Veloster N/A Value edition . Duraflex body kit,, Sequence RS, CF bumper decal,K&N filter,JS axle back,White line rear sway bar,FRT tower brace, rigid collars,CF decals on rims.

2017 Gray Yamaha FZ10, lots of mods, my 0-172mph comphy rocket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements