Veloster Forum banner

Used 2012 Hyundai Veloster Steering Wheel 'mode' button?

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RPW00Mirage 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone,

I tried searching for what I'm about to ask and was unable to find anything, initially. My wife bought a used 2012 Veloster and there is a MODE button above the controls for the volume and station change for the radio; what does this MODE button do? I have been unable to see it do anything on the instrument cluster nor on the info screen. Because this is a used vehicle I need to know what this is supposed to do, or if this is a button that only does something if the appropriate trim package was purchased. My wife bought a warranty with it (smart lady because the windshield reservoir pump is dead) so if this MODE button is supposed to do something, we can tell the dealer it's not working. Thank you in advance!

Ed

#2 ·
if you have AUTO climate control the MODE button near the radio changes what vents the air comes from.

if you're talking about the steering wheel MODE button, that changes your radio input selection, ie. Xm / CD / FM .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.