1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat wear

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I've noticed a little wear on the door side bolster when you slide and turn as you get in and out. I was going to bring it up when I go in next Saturday for my service. 2100 Miles
    My seat is also starting to fray a bit there.
    2012 Veloster Base Black DCT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Well I finally took it in to have the dealer look at the wear on the seats. They are replacing the covers on both front seats. While this will take care of the current issue, it will not fix the issue. I will probably be putting seat covers on to protect the crappy stitching from coming out again. So far with all of the little issues I have had, the quality of the product on this car is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Mine is the base model manual, and the cloth is showing definite wear on the base where you put your butt. Not impressed at 7500 KM.
    My Veloster is also showing butt zone wear. I just took it in to the dealer for oil, lube, and an attempt to gouge me for a cabin filter exchange. Told my salesman and the service manager that I was not happy with the condition of my seat after just 10,000 miles. They are replacing the driver seat bottom. I told them that it was delaying the problem to replace with like materials and the service manager said that the cloth lot was known to be defective and that the replacement shouldn't be a problem. We'll see ...

Oh and don't forget that it's important that we get 10 tens and two yeses on our survey .... LOL

Tim Tillman
    2012 MT Style with grey interior

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

My Veloster has just 2300 miles and I noticed that the stitching on the seams of the driver seat is coming apart. ( I have the tech and style package)
    anyway I brought it down to the dealer and they said it would be no problem to fix but its gonna take 2-3 days...
    kinda disappointed but what can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    My Veloster has just 2300 miles and I noticed that the stitching on the seams of the driver seat is coming apart. ( I have the tech and style package)
    anyway I brought it down to the dealer and they said it would be no problem to fix but its gonna take 2-3 days...
    kinda disappointed but what can you do...
    Over 10,000 miles and 13 months -- seats look brand spanking new -- tech and style package 2012 automatic. No stitching issues. No seat wear issues. The driver's seat is as comfortable today as it was in October 2011. No other seats have had more than 100 miles of use in the first year! LOL It's a VERY personal car! But my seat looks just like the passenger seat -- no diff.

The driver seat back (Leather Interior option) in my 2013 Veloster Turbo is showing signsof wear on the Bolster (2000 miles) ...where you get in and out of the car.Just took it to dealer and service manager determined it was damaged and notwear. Looking at the other posts on the subject...looks like the onlydifference is customer satisfaction!! You're dealers are not in denial andwilling to keep a happy customer, even if the replacement is no better. Have anappointment with the Service Engineer (factory) in January...we'll see. anyoneelse having this problem with premature wear??

Different related problem here : My seats have lighter color spots on them (like if a very light amount of bleach were dropped on the seats). Round but big (4-5" diameter) spots. They are going to change the fabric on it...
    2012 Veloster Vitamin C, Canadian Base model!

All the cars I had previously showed wear to the bolsters on the exit side of the seat .. lets face it you're legs and backside compress and pass over that area and friction from jeans etc is bound to make an impression.

I bought a neat grey coloured sheepskin rug and cut it into two, one for each seat. This covers the bolster and friction between the sheepskin and the leather seats keeps everything from moving. Your backside will thank you for it in the colder climates on those freezing mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    Over 10,000 miles and 13 months -- seats look brand spanking new -- tech and style package 2012 automatic. No stitching issues. No seat wear issues. The driver's seat is as comfortable today as it was in October 2011. No other seats have had more than 100 miles of use in the first year! LOL It's a VERY personal car! But my seat looks just like the passenger seat -- no diff.
    Well -- it is April 14th -- sort of 5 months later and I now have 13,000 miles and noticed a dark spot on my drivers seat. Sure enough, it is all fuzzed up from where my wallet hits the seat (left side). I have driven cars for 10 years with no sign of wear so I will be taking this back to the dealership to address. They will do the right thing -- I have no doubt.

There is a 7yr/70k warranty I think on this issue

Seat wear-imageuploadedbyag-free1366006689.662523.jpg
    Seat wear-imageuploadedbyag-free1366006706.396758.jpg
    Seat wear-imageuploadedbyag-free1366006721.234399.jpg

My seat is starting to crack and kinda tear , also my jeans are turning the white leather blue anyone know how to keep the white leather white lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by djdreamland View Post
    Different related problem here : My seats have lighter color spots on them (like if a very light amount of bleach were dropped on the seats). Round but big (4-5" diameter) spots. They are going to change the fabric on it...
    Similar problem here. My last 2 cars, both Nissans, showed less wear when I sold them. One was 12 years old, the other 17.

Mine has developed a depression or cavity in the foam in the driver's seat back outer bolster (the one right next to the door.) I suspect it's from rubbing my butt against it each time I get into or out of the car. My last car was 11 years old and didn't have this. I have seen it on 2 Toyota RAV4's though, but both were over 10 years old.

I have a 2016 Veloster Turbo and also have noticed the stitching fraying on the side bolsters. I am not impressed.

2016 Veloster Turbo, 34'000km. Drivers side seat on left bolster. The stitching is coming apart and the dealer says this is regular wear and tear

Quote Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
    Mine has developed a depression or cavity in the foam in the driver's seat back outer bolster (the one right next to the door.) I suspect it's from rubbing my butt against it each time I get into or out of the car. My last car was 11 years old and didn't have this. I have seen it on 2 Toyota RAV4's though, but both were over 10 years old.
    This started happening on mine as well, contacted Hyundai corporate, they said to bring it to a dealer and have them try to claim it on warranty (have a 2015). We'll see how it goes.

You know, I normally murder seat fabrics. It would take me less than a month to murder the fabric on a Corolla without using seat covers - and seat covers yearly. After 120k miles, my seat fabric is still holding together without a seat cover, and I get in and out of my car 40 to 120 times per day.

I think the Veloster's heavy duty fabric is way better than a lot of other cars. Now if only the seats were even remotely comfortable, that would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think the Veloster's heavy duty fabric is way better than a lot of other cars. Now if only the seats were even remotely comfortable, that would be something.
    Your model year was definitely better than the 2012. The dealership pretty much just shaved off the fuzz on the seat (which worked and hasn't recurred or gotten worse) but the lower side bolster cracked . I recently thought I was doing a major retro repair when I simply put black duct tape over the cracked part. It lasted all of one month before it fell off. I'll ask the dealership next time I visit what might be a better repair.
    Last edited by jkt1954; 04-11-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    ​APRIL 2017 VOTM
    2012 Ironman Silver, Style and Tech, purchased 10-17-2011
    Born on date: 08-22-2011
    Hyundai USA recall/service bulletins by VIN: https://autoservice.hyundaiusa.com/campaignhome
    Join Google Fi get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/JX91JH 6-15 GB data fixed $60/mo
    https://www.hyundaimpgclasssettlement.com
    2nd Gen/2019 Veloster forum: https://www.veloster.org/forum/177-second-generation/

21. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12