1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Thread: Washing the Ultimate?

Question Washing the Ultimate?

Any insights on washing the Ultimate's vinyl roof? Are the black side view mirrors vinyl wrapped, too?

Can you clay bar the vinyl wrap? What about waxing?
    I can't get the shadows of bug spatter off the side view mirrors and am unsure as to how to proceed.
    There are tons of dead bugs stuck in the radiator/condenser - how do you get them out without removing the front bumper/grill?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Do you mean the optional black roof? That's painted, not wrapped. (Not sure if I'm understanding your question).

Yes, the optional black roof.
    I think it is a wrap based on what people say on the internet. I actually don't really know what it is now that you ask.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

It definitely seems like a wrap; if you touch the edge at the back it is raised up from the paint and it has a plastic-y feel.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_buddy View Post
    It definitely seems like a wrap; if you touch the edge at the back it is raised up from the paint and it has a plastic-y feel.
    I just went out to the garage to check mine ; it definitely is not a wrap it is a painted panel as are the mirrors.

I have used a paint sealant (Blackfire) and it has worked very well on both the roof and mirrors. Judst like any other painted surface.

Just treat it like any other painted panel, it's not wrapped. Being black, it's more prone to show swirls etc... so take extra care to not scratch it.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_buddy View Post
    Any insights on washing the Ultimate's vinyl roof? Are the black side view mirrors vinyl wrapped, too?

Can you clay bar the vinyl wrap? What about waxing?
    I can't get the shadows of bug spatter off the side view mirrors and am unsure as to how to proceed.
    There are tons of dead bugs stuck in the radiator/condenser - how do you get them out without removing the front bumper/grill?
    Are you sure u purchased a ultimate turbo? Mine has a painted roof (black) now i have noticed people buying the regular turbo and wrapping the top with vinyl you can tell by looking at the interior if u have white seats the car is a ultimate if u have black leather seats then u have a regular turbo which does not come with a black roof

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Are you sure u purchased a ultimate turbo? Mine has a painted roof (black) now i have noticed people buying the regular turbo and wrapping the top with vinyl you can tell by looking at the interior if u have white seats the car is a ultimate if u have black leather seats then u have a regular turbo which does not come with a black roof
    Unless he's in Canada, in which case we don't get white seats at all and our "ultimate" is the Turbo Tech model with black leather interior and an optional black (painted) roof.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements