1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Thread: "ECU Limitations.

"ECU Limitations.

So, as many others i'm sure, I've been eyeballing some of my first mods for my '19 R-Spec. Specifically intake/exhaust. Then later down the line, full headers back. But I've noticed on a few, specifically intakes, that they mention no real gain in power due to ECU limitations. Are we aware of why this is? I havent had much luck finding information out there. My only guess is due to how standard and sport mode effect things? I'd feel a bit silly diving into the mods just for the sound of things without any (even minor) gain in performance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I've heard speculation that they do this because they were trying to market the "N". It makes sense the more I thought about it, why produce a standard turbo car that can out-perform your actual performance car? There would be no point for the N to exist would there? Take it with a grain of salt. Many aftermarket companies are apparently trying to find a solution, but with the N in the spotlight for performance, I fear the standard turbo may lose the market and thus, the aftermarket support.

I have a standard turbo and it has me quite worried, disappointed and filled with buyers remorse. This was my first turbo car and I had big dreams for it. Now I feel like im stuck with the scraps. This is such a silly move by Hyundai.
    Only give your time and energy to people and things that will help you flourish in return.

All you need to do is swap in a tuned ECU.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

True!! When got my sxth element intake, I felt 0 gain lol I just installed the RaceChip gts yesterday, HUGE different!

Quote Originally Posted by JKeo702 View Post
    True!! When got my sxth element intake, I felt 0 gain lol I just installed the RaceChip gts yesterday, HUGE different!
    You installed a tune/chip on 2nd Gen Veloster Turbo? Any more info? You can use your apps like youtube now? Dyno numbers?

8. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements