1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Amodavo
  • 1 Post By Wargoose
  • 1 Post By oktoberrust
  • 1 Post By adamj2121

Thread: Gallery

Gallery

2019 Turbo Ultimate

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

jkt1954, Ricky-D, Ricketts and 2 others like this.

I didn't care for the 2nd gen but after looking at your pics it's growing on me

Nice car
    2012 Vitamin C Veloster - manual
    1996 Mazda Miata MX5 - manual
    2000 Saturn SC1 - manual
    2002 Ford Ranger - automatic, because my ex couldn't learn to drive a stick

Driving in the wilds of Northwestern Ontario

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

My chalk white 2019 Veloster Turbo Ultimate. Unlike in the US, Canadians don't get things like the R-Spec model, but we are able to option the B-Type rims with the Michelin PS4 tires onto the top line trim level. I love the black roof option.

2019 Veloster - Front.JPG

2019 Veloster - Left Front.JPG

2019 Veloster - Left Rear.JPG

2019 Veloster - Rear.JPG

And this is her with DAI DW73 17" rims with 205/50 Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires for winter. I wanted to keep something similar to the OEM look.

2019 Veloster - Left - Winter.JPG
    Last edited by Wargoose; 11-20-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Veloster Pilot likes this.

The Ultimate has better gas mileage and the black roof option is the best looking.
    ​APRIL 2017 VOTM
    2012 Ironman Silver, Style and Tech, purchased 10-17-2011
    Born on date: 08-22-2011
    Hyundai USA recall/service bulletins by VIN: https://autoservice.hyundaiusa.com/campaignhome
    Join Google Fi get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/JX91JH 6-15 GB data fixed $60/mo
    https://www.hyundaimpgclasssettlement.com
    2nd Gen/2019 Veloster forum: https://www.veloster.org/forum/177-second-generation/

Nice!!

Front Plate - UGH!

Rest - Great!

I'm in a non front plate state and my local dealer traded with a Cincy dealer. I made it a condition of the sale that the car could not have plate holes in my front grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargoose View Post
    And this is her with DAI DW73 17" rims with 205/50 Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires for winter. I wanted to keep something similar to the OEM look.

2019 Veloster - Left - Winter.JPG
    Looks great! Regarding the winter wheels/tires; did you feel like you needed to have winter tires due to the all-seasons that came with it? Or you just like to have that added security/2nd set in the winter? I ask because my 2012 Focus had the summer performance tires, so I had to get winter wheels/tires. I was hoping with the VT Ultimate with the all-seasons I wouldn't have to?

Picking mine up in a couple of hours!!

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by oktoberrust View Post
    Looks great! Regarding the winter wheels/tires; did you feel like you needed to have winter tires due to the all-seasons that came with it? Or you just like to have that added security/2nd set in the winter? I ask because my 2012 Focus had the summer performance tires, so I had to get winter wheels/tires. I was hoping with the VT Ultimate with the all-seasons I wouldn't have to?

Picking mine up in a couple of hours!!

Thanks,
    Matt
    So, I live in Ontario, about a half hour north of Toronto, and work about a half hour further north from there. We get snow up that way, and sometimes lots of it, so I would say winter tires are highly recommended in my book. The Michelin PS4 tires are really a summer-only tire and don't do well when the temperature drops. Further, even compared against an all-season tire, proper winter tires offer a huge advantage when the weather gets colder. Precipitation aside (snow, slush, sleet, ice), for which winter tires have an advantage in tread design, the compound works much better once the temperature drops below 7C (45F) and for that reason alone I would probably use winter tires on my car even in a region that typically doesn't get much snow, but does get below that average temperature over the winter months. There's an added expense up front for the tires and rims, but I'm also saving wear on my summer tires which helps offset the cost and spreads the replacement cycle for both sets of tires over a longer period of time.

Thanks Goose!

First pics! No time to wash but I'm loving this car!

Crispy, as soon as you mentioned the front plate and getting your car from a Cincy dealer, I realized I would have this issue too, as they found my car from an OH dealer. It looks like there are 3 screws that hold the front holder in place. Pretty bummed I'll have 3 holes in my grill, but better than that frame I think..

IMG_20181214_123803.jpg
    IMG_20181214_123824.jpg

Matt
    jkt1954 likes this.

Looks good Matt! Any plans for the car (tint, etc.)?

Thanks Goose!

First pics! No time to wash but I'm loving this car!

Crispy, as soon as you mentioned the front plate and getting your car from a Cincy dealer, I realized I would have this issue too, as they found my car from an OH dealer. It looks like there are 3 screws that hold the front holder in place. Pretty bummed I'll have 3 holes in my grill, but better than that frame I think..

IMG_20181214_123803.jpg
    IMG_20181214_123824.jpg

Matt

Yes, planning on tinting at least the 3 rear, Michigan is kind of funny with tinting the sides. Aside from that I really just want to get a feel for the car and see what performance products are in the works.

I was considering the ambient LED lighting on the inside that they offered at the dealer. Has anyone done that and can share pics?

You can always change the grille when aftermarket grilles come out. I live in Ohio, but made sure the dealer didn't install the front plate bracket.

Performance parts are still slim as of now. SXTH Element has a nice Short Ram Intake and Tork Motorsports makes a bolt on axle back muffler delete. I have the intake, but haven't bought an exhaust yet. The big thing is; you won't gain any power until tuning is available.

I am also considering LED lighting for the interior, but I will probably use an aftermarket kit instead of the dealer accessory kit. I would prefer to have the lights be RGB rather than just blue.
    oktoberrust likes this.

I got lucky. The Cincy dealer hadn't installed the front plate bracket and it was sitting in their showroom.

17. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements