Veloster Forum banner

Engine tick

Tags
engine tick
9K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Slowrane 
#1 ·
Hey guys, last night my engine developed a ticking noise while I was standing in a parking lot. As of this morning that tick is still there. I've recently moved and the nearest dealership is over 1/2 hr away and their reviews are horrendous so I need to confidently know what is happening before I schedule my appointment. I'm hoping someone here can point me to an 1.6 gamma engine diagram so I can identify the part that's causing the tick. I think I've narrowed down where the tick is coming from and can take a picture if you all need.

#6 ·
thats the throttlebody, however the high pressure fuel pump is close on the back side of the engine. that can make some loud ticking.

#10 ·
My 13 engine also developed a horrible ticking noise. It was fine for quite awhile (it was probably the hpfp i was hearing) then it started getting more noticable, i woncered if it was my car or not. 2 days later its gotten so loud that I'm afraid to drive it. After I took it to the shop, they found so much metal in my oil from my components deteriorating that I now need a whole new engine and turbo charger. Idc if someone says its the hpfp or not. You drive a 13' VT and NEED to get a second opinon from someone other than Hyundai. You will probably have to pay them to check it out because theyll have to take the engine apart a little but imo its worth it to know that nothing is starting to deteriorate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.