Veloster Forum banner

Turbo Upgrade

Tags
turbo upgrade
20K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Tuns 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to to the forum and I'm trying to find out what else is required after installing a stage 2 or 3 turbo, do I have to upgrade my ECU as well? I am new at tuning and all info is welcome, please help :) Thanks

#2 ·
sounds sketch brah don't do it, unless you got like hella dough to upgrade and overhaul that little 1.6L gdi

#6 ·
Rule 3: If you want open, logical discussion ignore Tuns

#9 · (Edited)
Yes, Tork's fuel pumps for the mazdaspeed is OEM design failure as well as turning off the knock sensors on his tunes for the SRT4.

Anywho, I recommend Eurocharged or 6EE. Give either one a call and let them know what you've got and they can both help you out just the same. As far as "stage" goes, that's a dumb and irrelevant term that varies based on who you talk to. I for one do not believe in the different stages because it's so subjective that it's pointless to even talk about.

#10 · (Edited)
I personally like Ian's input. We all know how Super Stocker turned out with his Tork preaching...

I don't quite understand the whole vendor treatment on here yet... Just because they pay and sell products they automatically get more respect? If a product can be directly linked to a failure in the engine bay I don't see why you wouldn't bash them, especially if it's on more than one occasion

Granted Stocker had the whole CERMA spill and whatnot... but either way. I know nothing about what Tork makes and from what Ian has told me and what I've seen happen to Tork cars, I'm more than happy to stay away

#12 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying I don't care where and what you spend your money on. It is your car and you are free to do what you like. That is one of the great things about the car scene. So many people with different ideas.

I do admit some vendors are better than others. I for one would never recommend Import Shark. In addition I would never recommend Turbosocks branded product. If I come across a thread the does recommend his branded product, I will offer up some other suggestions. I don't feel the need to criticise that vendor.

As far as Turbosocks is concerned, the Turbosocks branded product offered caters for a specific market segment - not everyone is prepared to spend the extra dollars for a better quality product.

Gaijin was enthusiastic and OTT. He did have a tendency to push the envelope. Like him or not is totally up to you.

In relation to Tork, the problem I have is that it relates to hearsay. A few people, usually the same ones continue to spread "alternative facts" (thanks for the term Kellyanne :) ). First, people loved spreading the rumour that his tunes were blowing motors. OEM cars with these weaker internals were grenading. They failed to mention that the blown motors were on vehicles with the earlier piston & rod designs. There was also no mention about the Fox marketing car blowing its engine, no mention of the SFR and BTR tuned Velosters that also blew their engines. How many blown motors do we have in Velosters with factory revised internals that are a result of a Tork tune? How come so many Tork tuned cars are still running - mine is a 13 which had one of his first tunes and is still going fine.

As far as all the other claims are concerned, Tork has offered a $1000 bounty for any customer that can prove these claims. So anybody that knows someone who has had their car butchered, please get them to post on the Tork Motorsports facebook page.

In relation to special treatment of vendors, if you can prove that there is something wrong by all means do so. Siting an unnamed source as the provider of facts means nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.