Veloster Forum banner

Injen requested to use my 16' VT

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  dcwzero 
#1 ·
When i purchased my VT back in february, i wanted to cop an intake for sure to free up some air flow. Injen was my first thought since they were in Cali and heard good things, especially since they get down to specifics and numbers. Unfortunately Injen didn't offer the intake for a 16' VT. I was bummed and figured that the 15' version wasn't any different so i thought there would be no difference. So i held off on an intake and have done some research.

Anywho, at that time, Injen was looking for 2016 VT owners to give up their car for 2-3 days to run some tests/diagnostics to update Injen's application for the new VT's, in exchange for the new Intake. Of course i opted in and put in my info, but didn't think i'd get a response. ............3 months later (good thing i held off on an intake) i get a response from head of research and development to use my vehicle.

I'll let you know how this all goes guys.

Reactions: GaijinPDX and JayK
#4 ·
Injen, not k&n

#5 ·
Yeah the K&N typhoon is not legal for sale in California due to emission laws, or somewhere around those lines lol

#7 ·
Please ask them to get the VT's intake up for being CARB certified. time is running out for us 13 VT owners

#8 ·
7 speed? idk

#11 ·
Make sure they use 3.5" diameter tubing. The tubing needs to be big for the best airflow and numbers.
You're missing out if they use anything smaller than a 3" diameter pipe.

Our kit works on all model years as well, they shouldn't have to build anything new for you. Good luck!

#12 ·
Call Turbo Xs they have 3 intakes left they are not making no more. They will sell you one for $100 plus shipping 3 inch diameter with a heat shield. Injen is ok but there's no heat shield around the filter. 3.5 inch diameter intake is pointless unless you're going bigger Turbo.

#13 ·
Nice man! That's How I got my injen several months ago. Didn't take them that long to respond to me, but you will love it I know i do!! I took mine a thursday and was ready by friday. Just so you know it might be sooner than those 3 days. (FYI be prepared it will be louder! so don't be surprised lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.