NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No reverse

No reverse

Ok, 2012 NA with DCT, parked on slight incline (driveway) put it in reverse the camera comes on, the doors lock, the R on the dashboard flashes, Car won't move. Rolled it out of the driveway went to Drive forward and no issue put in reverse and same thing, flashing R no move. Called Bluelink they ran Diag no issue reported. Drove to dealer showed service writer, shut it down, wrote it and he went to show mechanic and issue gone. Any Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Maybe the recent weather change caused some sensor that has a say in whether reverse works or not to act up. And maybe a warm engine bay fixed it.

I have a cam position sensor in my Dodge that if I start up and drive it between 5-10 minutes there is a good chance it won't start right back up if I turn the car off(like getting gas). Under 5 or over 10 and it doesn't have a problem.
    Master Procrastinator.
    White with Red & Black, Style and Tech

Same thing on my Veloster, took to the dealer they replaced a sensor. Two weeks later, same problem. This is annoying.

Had it happen once, just turned off car and turned on again and it was working. Hasn't happened since. I have 2012 Style package.

This has happened to me 2x's now. Both times, I was on a slight incline. A bell chimes, the R flashes, and car just rolls. Luckily it rolled backward enough to pull forward out of my parking spot. When I shut off the engine and restart the car, the problem went away. This happened about 3 months apart. First time, I thought it was a fluke, so I didn't worry too much about it. Now that this has happened a second time, I am concerned. I know it's not throwing a code so it's not like this will be 're-creatable' at dealership. I also have an intermitten 'grinding' brake problem that could not be recreated at dealership, but that's another story for another forum. I really debated about getting a reliable Honda (I've had 2 that were cream puffs), v.s. getting the cool, sporty looking Veloster. I hope Hyundai doesn't let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Veloster2013DCT View Post
    This has happened to me 2x's now. Both times, I was on a slight incline. A bell chimes, the R flashes, and car just rolls. Luckily it rolled backward enough to pull forward out of my parking spot. When I shut off the engine and restart the car, the problem went away. This happened about 3 months apart. First time, I thought it was a fluke, so I didn't worry too much about it. Now that this has happened a second time, I am concerned. I know it's not throwing a code so it's not like this will be 're-creatable' at dealership. I also have an intermitten 'grinding' brake problem that could not be recreated at dealership, but that's another story for another forum. I really debated about getting a reliable Honda (I've had 2 that were cream puffs), v.s. getting the cool, sporty looking Veloster. I hope Hyundai doesn't let me down.
    I personally wouldn't consider it 'unreliable' because of a couple intermittent issues. I've had similar transmission quirks with other vehicles (not with the V though). Regarding your brakes, if they are doing something detrimental they might leave marks or discoloration on the rotors so look for that as you may be able to find tangible evidence that you can show to the dealer.

Also, for others reading this, I know very few people use their hand/parking/emergency brake anymore but make a practice of it and be sure to pull it before taking your foot off the brake so the weight doesn't load on the transmission. Not saying it will remedy this (especially since this sounds more electrical), but it's a good practice to get into.

another thing to consider is that the DCT is brand new for hyundai, and this car. the auto and manual transmissions are solid.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

9. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements