Veloster Forum banner

Veloster sport manual juddering in traffic in 1st and 2nd

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  chimaira67 
#1 ·
When stuck in traffic the car is juddering as moving a long in 1st and sometimes in 2nd when you are just touching the accelerater. Sometimes when driving off from stand still u see the revs shoot up like u would expect but then they drop right down and back up again even though I havnt taken my foot of the accelerater. Becoming annoying, seems ok when engine is cold

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
So you're an experienced driver, the car drove fine for the 1st 6 months & it just started doing it, correct?! Just double checking to rule certain things out. The kangaroo hoping sounds like an unexperienced driver, but maybe there's another issue. Does it feel like something wrong with the clutch or does it feel like it's the motor that's jerking? Like it's misfiring? Look into the clutch mod if you feel like it's the clutch & if not, take it to the dealer or a local shop to have it checked out.

#8 ·
It's due a service soon so gonna take to the dealer. From stand still when the engine is cold it pulls away fine. But when engine is warm something happens the revs go up as they should but then they drop of fast and go back up. Like I've released the accelerater and applied it again. And bunny hopping when driving very slow is like an inexperienced driver. It just chugs this is when I'm just touching the accelerater and not touching the clutch it seems to me like a possible fuel starvation issue

#14 ·
Update: had the 2 year service today all went well. But as far as the juddering they could not find anything wrong they took it out on the road but could not replicate the problem. To be fair they were very good. But problem still not solved. But having said that the problem has been sparce the last 7 days. Could it perhaps be weather related for last 7 days weather has been below 20 and have hardly noticed the problem. the previous few weeks before that the problem was there daily when the weather was above 25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.