NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drifter

Thread: GF Chips crazy claims

GF Chips crazy claims

Hey guys, I'm wondering how GF can get away with their crazy claims of insane HP increases for Hyundais for only $69?! I even went so far as to call them and they guy I spoke to said, "Yup, you'll gain 50+ HP in your 2012 Veloster". I mean come on! I gained that in a complete HC rebuild with my '98 GSR but I had $$$ money into the HiPo parts I used not to mention the countless hours of wideband "street tuning" with a laptop to get the system to meld together. Any comments on these rediculous claims?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

ummmmmm its ridiculous.....
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Ironman Silver/Style. Custom Fabricated Cold Air Intake, 5% tint rear windows, 3M Gloss black vinyl wrap on front grill, Solo Performance Mach 2N1 Cat back Exhaust kit.
    Sponsored by Six Speed Graphix, Killer Cup Cake Industries
    www.sixspeedgraphix.com
    www.killercupcakeindustries.com
    Dark Lord of Northern California Velosters Association
    Co-Founding member of Northern California Hyundai Car Club

I can honestly believe 4-7 HP but their claims are just so far fetched... I don't see how anyone would buy their chip(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm wondering how GF can get away with their crazy claims of insane HP increases for Hyundais for only $69?! I even went so far as to call them and they guy I spoke to said, "Yup, you'll gain 50+ HP in your 2012 Veloster". I mean come on! I gained that in a complete HC rebuild with my '98 GSR but I had $$$ money into the HiPo parts I used not to mention the countless hours of wideband "street tuning" with a laptop to get the system to meld together. Any comments on these rediculous claims?
    40% increase by reprogramming with no other component mods? Not on this engine, IMO.
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

its just like those 60+ mpg chips.....they can sell you anything as long as there is some fine print that states X Y and Z to save their butt from a law suit
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Ironman Silver/Style. Custom Fabricated Cold Air Intake, 5% tint rear windows, 3M Gloss black vinyl wrap on front grill, Solo Performance Mach 2N1 Cat back Exhaust kit.
    Sponsored by Six Speed Graphix, Killer Cup Cake Industries
    www.sixspeedgraphix.com
    www.killercupcakeindustries.com
    Dark Lord of Northern California Velosters Association
    Co-Founding member of Northern California Hyundai Car Club

This is true. That's why I always believe knowledge is power. I gained 30 lb/ft of torque and 80 HP with my '98 GSR but that included bumping compression by 3.5 points, raising the rev-limit by 2k rpm, and all the other associated work, changes, big and small details to get the "system" to come together. Any of you who have rebuilt engines and made them reliable AND powerful know what I'm talking about. Nothing I hate more in this industry is anyone whose alligator mouth over loads their bunny rabbit @$$! Ok, I think I'm done whining... I think...

MTD
    Marketing. My Genesis picked up about 20HP on the dyno from a reflash. A "chip" will add nothing and possibly deduct a few $$$ from your bank account. Unless is coming from a reputable source like SFR, PowerAxel, BeyondRedline, I wouldnt trust it.
    '13 VT

Nothing but a snake oil salesman. They stay in business because there's a sucker born every minute.
    Last edited by SkyriderAR; 01-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

Stay clear my friend!
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Electrolyte Green DCT Style & Tech

~December 2011 VOTM~
    Check out my Veloster HERE! Don't forget to rate!

A quote is appropriate here: "A fool and their money are soon parted"........Not sure who the quote was from but I bet he would not buy such bullcrap.

Butt-scratcher! Butt-scratcher! ... that's basically what they're selling
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

One word..... "DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!"
    SkyriderAR likes this.
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

Quote Originally Posted by dawgster View Post
    A quote is appropriate here: "A fool and their money are soon parted"........Not sure who the quote was from but I bet he would not buy such bullcrap.
    FYI (according to Wikipedia) an early form of your quote is from:

Thomas Tusser (15241580) was an English poet and farmer, best known for his instructional poem Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry, published in 1557. It contains the lines
    A foole and his monie be soone at debate, which after with sorrow repents him too late.[1]

Me know me no fool... Me worry other's might be fool and loose their hard earned $$$ on a rip-off...

On a side note... Has anyone started hacking the ECU for tuneability purposes on the Velosters yet? It would be neat to interface the Windows CE of the entertainment system to integrate directly with tuning the map. Drop in a WBO2, run the AFR's right on the touch screen along with other data of choice and "street-tune" away...

Any thoughts or am I way too early for this capability on this particular vehicle?

I did have a crossfire before the V. Had the ecu reprogramed in canada and what a big dif. They even took the 150 limit off for top speed.

Graywolf - you asked the question before I could. Horsepower and torque don't come cheap but other DI engines are being tuned now with noticable differences.

Give it some time. I'm sure the ecu devices are in the engineering stage and will become available. Come on, the V has only been available for a short period of time. They have barely got projector headlights that work correctly into production, not to mention the other add-ons.

I hope to be able to order my ecu next week, but that won't happen.

I learned how to tune and program the map with my Acura. I was basically self-taught and always made sure to run on the richer side until I got everything "cleaned up" so I wouldn't blow it up. I believe the V's engine combo even in stock form will stand to gain some good torque and HP if tuned properly. I'm also guessing we could increase the mpg's even further as I did with my GSR...

20. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements