NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jack Points

Jack Points

The service manual and manual only seem to indicate four jack points at the pinch seams by each wheel. The problem I'm having is I'd like to use a floor jack to raise the car and then place a jackstand under these points. The car is a bit heavy for me to hold up once it's been raised so I need to put the floor jack somewhere else. Can anyone point out alternate jack points to use with the floor jack in order to place jack stands?
    Triathalon Grey/Manual/Tech named Oliver

One of the 3,000.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

just move it down the pinch weld a little bit...just use a block of wood so the pinch weld can sink into it.

thats what i do anyway. then i stick the jackstand exactly where they should be.

the subframe in the V is way different then my elantra...i usually use the front of the subframe to jack it up and then put the jackstands under there, but you cant do that.
    Silver Certified Hyundai tech turned Sonographer

AND blogger? Check it out! All Things Hyundai.
    http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

"Yes yes, you are a well informed man, but this is just confirmation of your genius! " Haptic
    QFTMFT!!!

thanks, hoss. I'll try to block of wood approach.
    Triathalon Grey/Manual/Tech named Oliver

One of the 3,000.

I'm revisiting this topic before I buy a nice jack and stands.
    Has anyone had the occasion to examine extensively and in the comfort of a heated garage, the rear frame? Is there a point one could position a jack and, with the front (2) jack points supported with jack stands, one could raise the back of the car either to swap tires, front to back, or get the last of the oil out of the pan?
    Yes, I worry a little about stability as all four tires are about to lose contact with the floor but I have a very level garage (I have to sweep the water out when I drive in out of the rain) and the jack stands don't tip all that easily.
    But, to the point again, Anybody believe there is a nice rigid point near the rear approximately on the center line?
    Thanks.
    -- - ken=Boston Red (Carmen)-basic-DCT-LEDs interior+plate

Well if it were a Civic or Integra we could just use the rear tow hook as a lift point, but alas it's not and the tow hook is rather far off center on our V's to be of use in this case.

Example:

Take your jack, raise the rear drivers side to max height. Take your jack stand and place it under the front pinch weld and slowly lower your jack until it seats.
    Problem solved.
    2012 Marathon Blue Veloster | 2007 Lotus Exige S | 2010 Honda Fit
    Veloster Interface Design | Development Website | Full Veloster Review

May be a stretch for some but I found using a low profile jack and a couple of stands worked quite easily. Just use the middle of the frame cross section. Just behind the small stablizer mount on the front and a the stands on the pinch welds as directed.

I had it up / under / down and done for ~20 minute oil change.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements