Veloster Forum banner

Evap canister location

16K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Nexus7861 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Everything running awesome since my starter replacement. I got in the mail today a service campaign notice from Hyundai. It is about the emission canister bracket possibly rusting (anyone else get the notice?). My question is where is it located? I believe it is under the battery, but cant find any diagram anywhere.
I ask because I cant have my wheel well liners disturbed, or the front bumper cover. When I bought my V, I had to do a "repair" as the last owner broke one liner badly, and broke one tab off the bumper cover. I have a nice temp repair done, but do NOT want the dealer messing with it. I know on some cars, some work like this is done through the wheel well. Thanks much!

#2 ·
The EVAP canister is next to fuel tank near your muffler. And yeah I got it too, going to my local dealer to get it replaced in about 45 min lmao :p

#3 ·
i had mine replaced during my last oil change. they replaced the bracket, and nuts.

#5 ·
yeah I just got my letter the other day, but they replaced mine when I had it in for 2 other recalls on the 1/16... funny thing is, I was going in for the 2 recalls rear hatch and climate controls... so when I check in, they said, oh there are 3 recalls... so after sitting there a couple hours... the only thing that got done was the evap recall... looks like just the braket and nut and bolt got replaced, they inspected the other stuff (I'm not having any issues) and said yes mine hatch latch and climite controls have the markings and need replaced... I"m going in on the 20th to get those 2 things done...

#8 ·
Out of curiosity do you know anything about the climate control recall? I have, not really an issue, but a "thing" with the blower. Im a guy who really hates air blowing on my face and I noticed when it got cold out that when I put the blower on "floor" it never really shuts the dash vent off. I figure it is the way it is. But you have me wondering now......

#6 ·
Yeah they checked mine and they just replaced the bolts, bracket and bushings. I was out of there, in about less than an hour

#10 ·
Oh yes I will. What I should have wrote is that I think it will be fine "until my next oil appointment". Service guy recommended late March for me before I start traveling for the summer. I hope they replace it all anyway. I notice everyone above only indicate the metal bits being replaced. The paper also indicates the canister seal too. I guess I will see in March.

#11 ·
I just had the other 2 recalls done this past Monday, trunk handle, and climate control... I had no issues with either... not sure what they replace for the climite control, I think it's the fan knob stuff control...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.