1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Drews
  • 1 Post By Tuns
  • 1 Post By Strahan
  • 1 Post By Nexus7861
  • 1 Post By 999RXerox

Thread: Want to start doing customization to my Velo

Smile Want to start doing customization to my Velo

So I want to start doing some customization to my 2012 Base Veloster it is Marathon Blue any suggests? Also nothing that will break the bank yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Yeah, don't do it. Stay stock.

I agree with Drews but if you're dead set on modifying your car, you should stick to suspension mods like coilovers, bracing and a good set of tires. Mods to improve your acceleration are close to pointless.
    SchmashinPrunes likes this.
    I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, we wumbo. Wumboed, wumboing, wumbology - the study of wumbo

Venus My Goddess Build Thread

Depends what you mean. Modifying for performance, aesthetics or both? I like doing aesthetic changes, but I'm not really into performance stuff. I figured Hyundai did a good enough job making the car fun to drive, I don't need to get into trouble lol.

If you want ideas, this is my mod list. I've tinted all windows (well, save the windshield lol) 35% ($200), debadged ($0), blacked out the rear Hyundai logo ($5), darkened the tails with niteshade ($5), had the headlights and fog lights opened up and painted to black out the chrome ($380), had red devil eyes installed ($0), painted the rear reflector and front fog black surrounds body color ($250), deleted the rear wiper ($2), did a 6000k HID conversion on the headlights and tail lights (but don't do that unless you get projectors) ($600), plastidipped the exterior B pillar trim (I hated leaving finger prints all over it) ($0), installed a Redline Goods leather shiftboot ($50), had a remote start installed ($460) and got Eibach pro-kit springs ($220).

My next purchases planned are a mesh grille ($425), vented rear diffuser ($625), customized steering wheel ($550), possibly hydrodipping some interior parts if I can find a good replica of BMW's ash wood laminate ($??), ventvisors ($80), devil claws ($95), possibly a Sequence spoiler (can't make my mind up about that one) ($235) then I'll consider my aesthetics complete. (Until I find some other nifty thing I didn't know exists lol)
    Last edited by Strahan; 01-07-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Incognito likes this.

where did you get your numbers from? they seem really far off to me.

Everyone has a Story, what will yours say?

"
    Who is this Artie Fellow, and why does he think Prunes is an LOL?"
    #JMConcepts #TeamJM #GoGhost #Gex3D
    To Many trophies to count, (none just 'handed to me') The Build speaks for itself...
    "Hail Hydra"

*shrug* I just went by what I paid for the stuff I already did and for the stuff I plan to do, it was mostly prices from SoCal Garage Works.

that's why lol.

Name:  74312050.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  89.0 KB
    Stuart likes this.

Everyone has a Story, what will yours say?

"
    Who is this Artie Fellow, and why does he think Prunes is an LOL?"
    #JMConcepts #TeamJM #GoGhost #Gex3D
    To Many trophies to count, (none just 'handed to me') The Build speaks for itself...
    "Hail Hydra"

lol that bad huh? I didn't really shop around. That carbon diffuser looks real nice though, I think I'm gonna get in on that regardless of the price. I just wish it came in regular black plastic, I'm not crazy about CF.

Anyway, sorry to ramble in your thread OP

Quote Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
    lol that bad huh?
    Ignore that haters. I've had issues with most vendors - Pierce, Sixth Element, Tippett, So Cal, 845, Damn Fast DD, Turbosocks and all were resolved. Others have reported issues with the likes of BTR, SFR etc. Apart from one really bad vendor, most are pretty good however the wait can sometimes be very frustrating.
    Energized likes this.
    Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

lol that bad huh? I didn't really shop around. That carbon diffuser looks real nice though, I think I'm gonna get in on that regardless of the price. I just wish it came in regular black plastic, I'm not crazy about CF.

Anyway, sorry to ramble in your thread OP
    So you'd rather have an inferior material so it would be black? It's called paint, you should use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    So you'd rather have an inferior material so it would be black? It's called paint, you should use it.
    Yes, because if it was ABS or something it wouldn't be six freaking hundred bucks.

Quit being cheap.

I had no qualms dropping six hundred on HID, cheap is not me lol. There is a difference between being cheap and being practical. The stock plastic diffuser seems plenty durable so I don't think wishing for a similar quality piece at less cost is cheap. Cheap would be cutting springs to avoid spending money on the Eibachs heh.
    Last edited by Strahan; 01-10-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Cheap would also be buying eibachs and not upgrading the shocks
    I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, we wumbo. Wumboed, wumboing, wumbology - the study of wumbo

Venus My Goddess Build Thread

Yes, because if it was ABS or something it wouldn't be six freaking hundred bucks.
    Well you could always buy another Valance panel (866122V521) new cost somewhere between $US210 - $US290, cut out the holes, paint it black and attach mesh.
    Proudly using parts / services by:
    6th Element Engineering, 845 Motorsports, BC Racing, Diode Dynamics, Essendon Hyundai, Final Inspection, Glow Shift, Jun BL, K-Sport, NST Pulleys, Pierce Motorsports, Morimoto, Non Stop Tuning, Pro Flow, Race Ramps, Rajab Racing Developments, Rockford Fosgate, Roll Control, So Cal Garage Works, Synapse, Tippett Auto Design, Tork Motorsports, XKGlow

Quote Originally Posted by Tuns View Post
    Cheap would also be buying eibachs and not upgrading the shocks
    Yep. But not as bad as cutting springs. The guy I sold my 7 series to did that; I feel bad for the poor car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 999RXerox View Post
    Well you could always buy another Valance panel (866122V521) new cost somewhere between $US210 - $US290, cut out the holes, paint it black and attach mesh.
    Meh, I'm lazy I'd rather just buy the carbon one and paint it heh.

18. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread