NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

View Poll Results: Manual or Automatic?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manual

31 59.62%
  • Automatic

21 40.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hyundai Veloster: Manual or Automatic

Hyundai Veloster: Manual or Automatic

Details are still a bit iffy on weather both manual and automatic will be available for the Veloster. But lets just pretend that they offer a 6 speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission. Which one would you choose and why?

Me, I'd get the automatic transmission just because they have advanced so much that they actually shift better and quicker than a manual transmission these days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

ill go for the manual version. i still like the feel of a manual transmission. you can feel the car better and have more feedback when you drive.

I have a very strange feeling that this car will only be available in a automatic version. I'm not sure why I think that, maybe just the style of the car.

If I had the option (which I hope I do), sign me up for the manual option. I have driven a manual all my life so no point in stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    I have a very strange feeling that this car will only be available in a automatic version. I'm not sure why I think that, maybe just the style of the car.

If I had the option (which I hope I do), sign me up for the manual option. I have driven a manual all my life so no point in stopping.
    I'm pretty sure you're correct. I don't think they'll offer a manual version. But either way is ok with me since I prefer the automatic version anyway. But its always better to have choices. That way they might attract more potential buyers.

Manual option would be my first pick but I don't think I would be overly heartbroken if only an automatic version was available as long as the price isn't reflected upon on it.

The rumor is that the Veloster will come with a Dual Clutch Automatic so if it does that's the version I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeZer0 View Post
    The rumor is that the Veloster will come with a Dual Clutch Automatic so if it does that's the version I'm getting.
    if they come out with that im definitely going to have to rethink my choice. im still more inclined to go with a manual but a dual clutch setup would be way more convenient for me.

This car is high on my next car list (just awaiting Oct show release). But it will not be on the top of my list unless it comes with a 1.6t with a MT (preferably 6spd).

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwolf View Post
    This car is high on my next car list (just awaiting Oct show release). But it will not be on the top of my list unless it comes with a 1.6t with a MT (preferably 6spd).
    Right now its anyones guess if it comes with a manual transmission or not. You might get what you want though because Hyundai is planning on entering the Veloster in some race leagues so they might have a manual transmission getting built for the Veloster.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeZer0 View Post
    Dumb question time - what is a double clutch automatic?

Manual for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Dumb question time - what is a double clutch automatic?
    Interesting read if you are bored: HowStuffWorks "How Dual-clutch Transmissions Work"

Automatic for me, I don't know how to drive stick and it's too much stop and go traffic here.

Quote Originally Posted by omicron View Post
    Automatic for me, I don't know how to drive stick and it's too much stop and go traffic here.
    Theres a few semi automatic transmissions available. All the benefits of being able to control your shifts but none of the drawbacks of a clutch pedal. Who knows, it might be offered in the Veloster.

Would Hyundai dare just to stick with only a manual or possibly only an automatic transmission for the Veloster?

Automatic car guy here. Voted the same way.

manual and if it does not come with one....i will not buy one...period

Thanks for the link on how DCTs work and yes, rumors have it that the Veloster will offer DVT. I've always been all about the manual but finally drove a CVT because of the mpg savings (and we all should be helping avoid the next oil spill) but the CVT lag is too infuriating. Sounds like DVT combines the fun and savings. Hope it isn't buggy though, sounds like it would be an expensive fix. Off to research the reliability of the VW models that have it and the Audi TT (another car I like) to see how they are working so far. As far as my vote above, add me to the new "wants DVT" category.

six speed dual clutch transmission for me! it's just better.

much more fun then a auto and you benefit from it with low fuel consumption. It is estimated that there is a five-six per cent improvement in fuel efficiency over a the automatic offered.

Can u change the option to 'dual clutch"? "automatic" doesn't sound as good.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements