1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222
Results 4,421 to 4,429 of 4429
Like Tree3160Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Veloster today?

Both. I don't use my belt when just driving locally so the seat belt chime was annoying and I stop by my storage unit a lot and I don't shut the car off but need the keys to unlock it and walking over to the unit to do so makes the car spaz out lol. Plus it's annoying when I run into the convenience store and the car is out there shrieking about the key. Of course, that was mitigated substantially by unplugging the external buzzer by the radiator. I just noticed then that the chime also buzzes with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

nice job on that piezo buzzer! i always get the chime when i get out of the car and its running. drives me nuts. may do this too
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!
    TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - XE coated ORHP/ORCP - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap
    Porterfield VTRS pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - NEFD rear diffuser

The real annoying part of that keys-out-of-car buzzer is the blue box by the radiator but I'm so anal that the piezo buzz during the same condition, albeit much softer than the blue box, also led me to try to kill that too lol.

EDIT: To keep on topic, lol, this is what I did today. I f'ed up my wheel well:

It sucks.. when I had Eibach prokit springs and stock shocks, no damage. I guess the shocks were too compressed to allow much wheel travel, as indicated by the ride being bone jarring on bumps. I switched to Ksport coilovers. Now it rides comfortable like stock, but the increased wheel travel makes for a lot of wheel well impacts. I want to adjust them to stiffen them up, but then I'll probably be back to bone jarring. *siiigh*

I also find it weird that the wheel impacting the fender lip pulls it down, not crushes it up. I called all around trying to find a body shop willing to roll the fenders, but no dice.
    Last edited by Strahan; 04-12-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
    I also find it weird that the wheel impacting the fender lip pulls it down, not crushes it up. I called all around trying to find a body shop willing to roll the fenders, but no dice.
    You wheel most likely went into the fender straight and when you came down the wheel was slightly turned causing it to pull down on the fender lip.
    Just from experience working in a body shop a lot will not roll fenders because we are here to bring vehicles back to factory standards not make modifications. Try a performance shop or custom shop.
    jkt1954 likes this.

Ahh, that makes sense. Good call, I'll try hunting around for a performance shop, thanks.
    beccalynx likes this.

I washed the car with ArmorAll Ultra Shine Wash & Wax. I have never waxed my car and was somewhat reluctant to use a wash and wax. But, it turned out great. Didn't seem to leave any kind of a film on the car, minor scratches were pretty much hidden, and it did dry spot free -- all the glass looked really good, too! The finish was noticeably shinier.
    2012 Ironman Silver, Style and Tech, purchased 10-17-2011
    TSB's by model year: http://www.hyundaiproblems.com/tsbs/Veloster/
    Join Google Project Fi get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/JX91JH

Installed turbo splash guards. Since I bought it a few weeks ago 25% tint all around,debadge,sweet matching orange dog cover for backseat, magnetic phone mount. Really enjoying this car.
    Name:  IMG_3531.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  1.77 MB
    Incognito likes this.

What did you do to your Veloster today?-file_005.jpegWhat did you do to your Veloster today?-file_002.jpegWhat did you do to your Veloster today?-file_003.jpegWhat did you do to your Veloster today?-file_001-1-.jpeg

Recently purchased a very similar back seat cover from "treat a dog". Very nice unit. I hope it holds up better than the previous one I had... that was tan in colour and not the best design.
    Zitman likes this.
    Later!

Boneman

'13 NAV, Ultra Black, Three pedals, Harbor Freight air horn, CMP (ebay) SRI.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread