Veloster Forum banner

Are dealers really Hyundai's problem?

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  only1db 
#1 ·
Be kind to this blogger, he does have a great website. However he is right. Hyundai needs to work on their dealers. I had a bad experience with my dealer also (and they had the car in stock). I won't go into details because the owners of the dealership have bent over backwards to help me, their staff is the issue.

I would not have bought the car if they hadn't offered me so much real money on my trade (about $3K more than they should have, plus I have $1300 in insurance checks for hit and run damage that I never repaired, netting me more than I paid 18 months ago), I also bought the car OTD for $200 less than sticker (including tax).

Good article about the car -
Just a Car Guy: new car comparison of the 2012 econo boxes. 2 dr, better than 35 mpg freeway, costs less than 22 thou, and having a stick shift and XM stereo with a subwwoofer would be great

Now we all have had this -
Just a Car Guy: So, I'm buying a car, and told the salesguy what I wanted. He was an idiot. He didn't tell me he'd get it, (I want a white car and they didn't have one) and sell it to me.

Now maybe this is true, but I find it hard to believe -
Just a Car Guy: Hyundai has 2 problems. The first is no supply of cars to their dealerships.

At this point I also would be buying something else -
Just a Car Guy: Hyundai has more problems

See less See more
#2 ·
I've bought many things that were items the store saw for the very first time as they were unwrapping it for me. My research and polite manner made the "teaching buyer" on more than one occasion. I taught a stereo store salesman how to operate the first CD player he was trying to sell and helped an implement dealer unload his first axial articulated tractor simply because I like surfing everything I can find on a new product that will appear here soon. Salesmen don't, and I don't blame them. They want to be brought back a smoldering hunk of rubber and steel and be told, "The public will love it! Just don't tell them to double-clutch third in a decending radius lefthand turn.

#3 ·
I agree, but I at least expect some effort from the salespeople. In my case they had my car (the exact car) in stock for 2 weeks before I bought it. I would have expected the sales person to know how to set up the bluetooth, how to register online for bluelink etc... The real kicker is when I was at the sister Honda store and the sales manager came up and asked about the Veloster. In the conversation I mentioned a CRX and that I had cross shopped the CRZ he claimed he didn't realize the same people would be looking at both cars. Come on every article mentions the CRX and CRZ, he had no clue about pricing, gas milage, or event the Veloster had a back seat. The older I get the less I feel like doing other peoples jobs.

#4 ·
pathetic

I had some very very bad experiences at different dealerships around the country,

In ct they told me to keep waiting for my black veloster, but i had to leave for a trip, was horrible to get the deposit back once i bought my veloster in st Louis,

salesmen are pushy, I hate the middle man of him going to the manager, finance guy, its all a game!!!, one dealership in TN had the loaded veloster marked up to 24,550,

even the car i got to drive 3 hours to get in st Louis had 170 miles on it, they wouldn't budge on the price, so it was 22,350, at least it was sticker,

hopefully who ever drove it those first miles didn't beat on it, but ill never know, i bought the car because i was so frustrated, i have reported my experiences with Hyundai customer affairs....

the car buying environment NEEDS TO CHANGE

last story is, 1 of the 3 dealerships i went to in ct- the salesmen told the radio dj to "turn up the music" so I couldent hear what he and the manager were talking about...

#5 ·
Just bought my Veloster today, and had the best dealership of the dozen I've been to this month, and they are one of the most remote... 15 miles from the 215 at the 15 215 split is the small town of Hemet.. GOScH Hyundai. Price oif a coke is the lowest at 50 cents, of any dealership or any business I've been to in years. Nive people, Mark Link was my salesman, Paul is the manager. It took about 3 hours, and that's about typical in my 2 new car purchases this year, but I've never bought new cars before. No surprises, unlike Courtesy Chevrolet, who made mistakes, forgot paperwork, and I had o go back to to resign all the contract stuff.

Expect to spend about 2 thou over the window sticker, for the Teflon and interior treatment, extended warranty (tell them you'll only pay 1350, not 1650 for the 10 120k miles) and double check the way the rear auxillary refelctors are mounted, one of mine isn't in correctly.

The dealership cleaning/detailing has me upset, they weren't taking their time to do it right.. I'm talking about the front and side windows not getting fully swiped, you can see the missed areas.

Even with the lack of a perfect cleaning, I am still recommending GOScH Hyundai.

After everything I'd posted already, just yesterday my phone rang and the dealership I'd called to see if they had what I wanted called me back after 2 or 3 days after telling me they couldn't locate the car I wanted, basics with stick shift, no sunroof, no upgraded option stereo, and in white. I called the dealership I was told about, GOScH, from the info that Kearny Mesa Hyundai gave me, and Mark at GOScH went out, put his hands on it to verify that it had nothing but the color I wanted, and at 4 pm, I told him I'd be there when they opened to buy it.

#7 ·
I won't go into details because the owners of the dealership have bent over backwards to help me, their staff is the issue.
The first time it happens, sure, give the owners a pass on it. The second time it happens? It IS the owner's fault because they're the ones who should be correcting/disciplining/firing the problem employees.

#8 ·
trust me when I say after dealing with NJ Hyundai dealerships. They're the worst in my experience in terms of not being upfront about what's included and what's not. No service provided and they all think the car sells itself or something and we're all dumb to have to pay them extra to get into a Hyundai. It's really pathetic. I've bought new cars from Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, Acura, Lexus, BMW, I can honestly say Hyundai's problem is their dealers.

#9 ·
where in NJ i can tell you two dealerships that are the BOMB! Hackettstown Hyundai and Towne Hyundai in Denville.

dealerships are definitely an issue at hyundai...if your dealership is not performing or sucks as selling the product, they are obviously not going to be making a profit.

Hyundai also has to deal with the backside of the house and the warranty expenses and if they are providing the customer satisfaction that is expected. Unfortunetly, their surveys that customers fill out are skewed all the time. The service advisers will ask the customer to give them a 10 and essentially if there was hiccup in the process they will compensate them for that 10 rating. I have seen people get their cars filled up for free, or discounts on future services. So just because a dealership has a good rep doesnt necessarily mean its a good dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.