NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mileage upon delivery

Mine will have over 600 miles when I get it.

I live in SE Michigan and the one I wanted was in southern Indiana. Who cares? Modern cars don't have the crazy break in period people seem to think they do. There will be some 65 year old guy driving my car up the highway. It'll be fine and the warranty will start on delivery.

The important thing is I'm getting the car I want. Also, I'm going over the paint with a fine toothed comb. That's my only real concern.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Mine had 6 miles.

We signed the form saying that it had 52 miles on it when we picked it up but after leaving the dealership my dad and I realized that it was 192 miles. Can I ask you guys what I can do at this point? Because its been a couple of weeks and I already have 1011 miles on the clock now. They basically lied to us.

Can we at least go back and make sure that the warranty covers 100,192 rather than 100,000.

After we left, I was so excited about the car I didn't really care. But finding out that a car with 192 miles usually means it was a test car, I became a little uneasy.

There most likely is little they will do - you can try to talk to the general manager, but after waiting a couple weeks and putting another 800 miles on it, it's really a little late. It's possible the salesperson may have taken the mileage off the trip meter instead of the odometer by accident, or he was just lazy and made up the number.

The bad news though (at least in the US) is the warranty expires when the car hits 100,000 miles - the mileage at delivery means nothing.

2013 Elite White Veloster Turbo M/T with Ultimate Package | 2009 CBR 600RA (RR w/ABS)

I'd take it.... No matter if it was one person with a lead foot, or a few ppl with lead feet, if it's an automatic I'd say nothing happened....... Manual, I'm really picky about gear jammers....... I'd say no deal.

9kms here
    wait is over time to enjoy...

mine had 115 miles on it...only automatic in the area..mine came from white plains new york
    2012 Ultra Black DCT Veloster
    Purchased-11-5-11 Flemington Hyundai (now Action Hyundai Of Flemington)
    Vinyl Graphics By Accupro Inc. Phillipsburg, NJ
    Future Mods:
    XXR 969 17X8.25 +20mm (Chrominum Black)
    resonator delete
    K&N intake

Quote Originally Posted by socdocdelirium View Post
    We signed the form saying that it had 52 miles on it when we picked it up but after leaving the dealership my dad and I realized that it was 192 miles. Can I ask you guys what I can do at this point? Because its been a couple of weeks and I already have 1011 miles on the clock now. They basically lied to us.

Can we at least go back and make sure that the warranty covers 100,192 rather than 100,000.

After we left, I was so excited about the car I didn't really care. But finding out that a car with 192 miles usually means it was a test car, I became a little uneasy.
    Leagally there is not much you can do. You signed a contract saying you verified the milage. You could go to them and ask, but I doubt they would do anything.
    2012 Marathon Blue, DCT, Tech & Style Package.
    Born on January 16, 2012
    Purchased March 24, 2012

Ill be picking my car up tmw and it will more than likely have 250 miles or so on it since it came from another dealership from another state. Dont really care because its all highway miles anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyzippy View Post
    Long story short, my sale rep sent me an e-mail today saying that my car has arrived - with 175KM on it. They got car from another dealership which should be less than 30KM away.. 40 KM max. (downtown Toronto to Thornhill)

This is the 2nd time they located a car with high mileage. First one had over 200KM on it, and I rejected it. This time they didn't told me the mileage before it arrived. The purchase agreement stated the 99KM.

So, I'm leaning to reject it this time as well even though that means I'll have to wait. I cannot think of any reason that the car should rack up that much mileage unless they'd been demos or driven by staffs.

What do you guys think?
    With that type of mileage being a swap in from another dealership that is less then 30km away would point to that the car was test driven a couple times. That type of mileage on a new car is not that bad i have seen much higher before. I would keep it but if you are just not to happy maybe you can work out a little bit of a discount on the car with the dealership or sometime of free accessories from them to make up for the added mileage on it
    Jay Schwartz
    800-505-3274 ext. 867
    jay.sc@carid.com
    www.carid.com

I was told it would have approx. 17kms from them testing it at the factory...but it had 55kms when I picked it up. They have to drive less than 3 kms down the road to gas up and then drive back so where are the extra km's coming from? My guess is they let someone test drive it...kinda irks me but then again that's how we originally test drove one in the first place. The demo was manual and we wanted to try auto to make final decision. They were taking a sold unit to gas up so let us drive. The salesman was with us so if that's the same thing they did with mine I guess it's ok. Had it two weeks today and just love everything about it (except the passing space required lol) I wanted fuel economy and that's what I got. It actually makes me drive with better habits (not always wanting to speed and pass everyone as in my Acura )

My V had to come from a dealership in another state. It had around 250 miles on it when I got it. I google mapped it, and the car had only like 5 miles more than the distance between dealerships. The guy driving was an old man. My only concern is that 0-250 miles is a large part of the engine break in period which is supposed to be done with varying rpm range. My first 250 were all highway miles, constant rpm.
    Master Procrastinator.
    White with Red & Black, Style and Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Niche79 View Post
    Tell them "we had this problem in the first place, once again you all screwed up. I will buy this car from you but I want 1 or 2k off the price." Otherwise, I will walk away and tell you to order another. So, do you guys really want this deal or not?? If not, screw them, go to another dealer. Somones joy riding in your car.
    That's the best idea to do I guess.. I got my Veloster with only 5km on it, can't think of any good reason to have this muck kilometers on a 'new' car but that he's been used indeed as a testcar. Few months ago I went to audi to test drive the a3 sportback (was still doubting between the Veloster and the a3). And I got a brand new car to testdrive, had only 7km on his dash.. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this but yeah, they do give brandnew cars to test drive them..

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm just going to go back on the fact that I love the car and I wouldn't want to have to return it or anything.

MTD
    Also remember that the pdi should include a test dive by the techs or even a salemen to ensure everything is ok with the car. My genesis had 9km on it when it rolled of the truck and 33 when I took delivery. Test drive, tint shop, top up the gas tank.
    '13 VT

My car had 300 miles on it when I got it. It came from 2 states away and I was just grateful they found the car I wanted and transported it so far for me for free.
    I put at least 300 miles a week on my car, so I really don't see what the big deal is about 175km. My car arrived with all the plastic still on it and the new car smell. And it drove like a new car.
    However, at the end of the day, if you're not happy don't buy it. Velosters were pretty hard to come by around here when I bought mine. If you have options, exercise them.
    White/Red Tech Package

Guys a car is legally new until it has 400 miles. It's normal for them to be test driven. Granted, I do not begrudge you if you try to work a deal based on existing mileage or simply state that you will only accept one with under X miles on it. But if you didn't say anything prior to delivery, you can expect something under 400. Nothing wrong, illegal, or deceiving about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyzippy View Post
    Long story short, my sale rep sent me an e-mail today saying that my car has arrived - with 175KM on it. They got car from another dealership which should be less than 30KM away.. 40 KM max. (downtown Toronto to Thornhill)

This is the 2nd time they located a car with high mileage. First one had over 200KM on it, and I rejected it. This time they didn't told me the mileage before it arrived. The purchase agreement stated the 99KM.

So, I'm leaning to reject it this time as well even though that means I'll have to wait. I cannot think of any reason that the car should rack up that much mileage unless they'd been demos or driven by staffs.

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure about the conversion to miles, but my advice is don't ever settle on a car. I had to call a bunch of dealerships to get both the car (silver, base, manual) and financing that I wanted. I let them run my credit and agree to low financing before I even went to look at the car. My car had only a few miles on it, and that is important to me because especially with a new engine I want to know how it was driven. My advice is schedule some vacation time, and call around until you find the car you want, get preapproved for financing on the phone, then either fly, rental car, and get a friend to drive you even out of state and get the exact car you want, and drive it home yourself. Remember don't use cruise control and vary the speed, and if you are like me and keep your cars a long time, it is worth the extra trouble.

I got the car last Oct. I was told that It had 175 on the odo. I knew that the car was getting harder to get, so i bit on it.

When I got the car it actually had only 60 KM to my surprise. I didn't know where the sales rep got his info, but I was happy that it had a reasonable mileage on it.

The car was a trade from another dealership some 30KM away, so if it had over 100KM means the car was either given out for test drive or people in the dealership using it for joy ride. With the low inventory of the V, I wouldn't be surprise it might be used for test drive.

If it is an auto then I wouldn't worry too much. But, mine is MT so I would be worry about people going nuts revving to red line or jamming gears.

I care about my purchase, and I clearly informed my sales rep that I wanted the car should be less than a certain mileage. But he came back with one close to 300KM the first time and gave me the "take it or leave it" attitude, that was what ticked me off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

mine had 6 miles on it when i took delivery. when your talking about 100, 200 , or even 300 miles on it.... thats a demo or the manager has been driving it around. there were plenty of times i turned the deal down cause it had crazy mileage on it.
    I would like to thank my hands for being so great, for allowing me to type this post.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements