Veloster Forum banner

ARK PERFORMANCE InC : Veloster Concept SEMA 2011 Rally/Street/Eco

49K views 187 replies 30 participants last post by  vassilios 
#1 ·

To showcase the performance capabilities and aftermarket potential of its innovative three-door coupe, Hyundai has teamed up with ARK Performance to transform Veloster into a sleek and sporty rally car. The ARK Performance Veloster will be unveiled at the 2011 SEMA Show with a custom twin-scroll turbocharger increasing its horsepower to 210HP and a bright green and flat gray paint scheme to give enthusiasts a glimpse at Veloster's potential. ARK Performance's Veloster will be shown in the Hyundai booth between November 1-4, 2011 among other modified Velosters and Genesis Coupes.

"The Hyundai Veloster is an ideal car for enthusiasts with its distinctive design and dynamic architecture," said Ted Lee, owner, ARK Performance Inc. "At SEMA, our ARK Performance Veloster will bridge the realm between an affordable sports car and an extreme motor sports vehicle. From the first Tiburon, to the Genesis Coupe, and now with the Veloster, ARK Performance continues to uphold the torch as the pioneer of aftermarket performance manufacturing for Hyundai."

The ARK Performance Hyundai Veloster will showcase mechanical, interior and exterior modifications including an open wheel concept with aggressive fenders and Nitto tires. ARK will also develop Veloster specific parts to showcase the tunability of the engine and vehicle exterior.

ARK Performance has planed numerous modifications to make this Veloster a must-see vehicle at this year's SEMA Show.

Mechanical components ARK plans to customize include:

ARK Turbo Charger and Intercooler System
ARK Intercooler Piping System
ARK Custom Oil Cooler
ARK Turbo Manifold
ARK Lightweight Pulley System
ARK Six-Pot Big Brake Kit
ARK Eight-Point Chromoly Rally Style Roll Cage
ARK DTP Track Coilover System
ARK Upper Strut and Front and Rear Sway Bar
ARK Camber and Control Arms
ARK GRIP Dual Exhaust
ARK RSEPC Downpipes and Test Pipes

Interior enhancements include:

JPM Coachworks Custom OEM Seats with Alcantara Interior
JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Shift Boot
JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Dashboard
JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Headliner
JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Doors and Visors
JPM Coachworks Custom Floor Mats
JPM Coachworks Custom Alcantara Audio Finish
Image Dynamics Q450.4 Amplifiers
Image Dynamics Q600.1 Amplifiers
Image Dynamics XS65 Component Speakers
Image Dynamics ID10D4 Subwoofers
ARK Racing Pedals
DSG Performance / Password JDM Shift Knob
DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Eco
DSG Performance / SUN Hyper Voltage System GT
DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Gauss System
DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Hot Inazma Pocket
DSG Performance / SUN Automotive Hyper Ground System
Jason Noren Fabrications Custom Rally Cage
Adam Perry Custom Audio Setup

ARK Performance will also make moderate exterior modifications to the Veloster, including:

ARK CFX Designs Front Lip
ARK CFX Designs Side Skirt
ARK CFX Designs Rear Bumper
ARK SFX Designs Wide Front and Rear Fenders
ARK CFX Designs Grille
ARK SFX Rear Wing Mount
OneEighty Custom Headlights
OneEighty Custom Taillights
OneEighty Custom Fog Lamps
Rally Armor Custom Veloster Mud Flaps
Rally Armor Custom Veloster Mounts
DSG Performance / Password JDM Chromoly Lug Nuts
Yokohama Advan RZ Gunmetal x5
Nitto NT05 x5
Beyond Autobody Custom Paint and Finish

ARK PERFORMANCE INC.

The goal of ARK Performance Inc. is to become a leader in providing superior after*market solutions for a variety of vehicles. Showcasing our excellence through prod*uct demonstrations, ARK Performance currently leads the way in the automotive aftermarket. ARK Performance Inc. was founded fifteen years ago, and is now one of the largest manufacturing facilities in the Republic of Korea. Our primary objec*tives are to produce superior quality OEM and aftermarket automotive parts, while developing applications to contribute to the advancement of the automotive com*munity.

ARK has steadily achieved an increased market share. Our company has broad*ened its product line into performance exhaust systems, suspension, and CNC machined products that are currently being distributed to North America, the Middle East, and Asia. ARK Performance has received high marks for quality manufacturing, which is demonstrated by our ISO9001 and QS9000 certifications. This is the result of using the latest cutting-edge technology, and ultimately producing superior products. As our slogan suggests, the quality of our products directly contributes to the overall quality of performance. ARK Performance will continue to maintain its stance as a leader in quality, providing a satisfying experience for our customers.

Note: The reason why we mark the output of the engine so low was because we do not have enough information in regards to the engine and how much it can handle. More R&D needs to be done on track. However with the build going on with such a tight deadline. After SEMA we would be able to gauge just how much punishment the Veloster can take.

Team ARK

See less See more
#62 ·
Hey Matthew. Congrats on the purchase! Your samples should be arriving any day now.

In case anybody asks (and to keep the thread focused on the veloster build), most of the stuff you see go into this Veloster build from us as well as ARK will more than likely be available as a product in the near future after SEMA. We won't have any pricing or availabilty until after the show as well.

#63 ·
Are you guys doing the door cards and the armrest for this car too? That's the first thing I noticed within a couple hours of owning my car... those things need a little touch of class... and some padding. The shift boot looks fantastic as always!

#64 ·
Here's a comprehensive list of what will be recovered:

Dash top and bottom - Alcantara
Steering Wheel - Alcantara
Doors (all three) - leather arm rests, Alcantara inserts
Seats - Leather/Alcantara
Shifter/boot - Alcantara
Brake Handle - Leather/Alcantara
Center Console - Alcantara
Console Lid - Leather
Floor Mats - Alcantara
Headliner - Alcantara
A-Pillars - Alcantara
Speaker/wheel box - Leather/Alcantara
Sun Visors - Alcantara

There will be miscellaneous bits thrown into the mix as well, but that gives you a general idea of what will happen.

#66 ·
Awesome, You guys already have a customer in me =D.

ARK, will you guys by any chance be building a turbo kit for the veloster?

#75 ·
just means its pushed out towards the fenders...wider is better. the V doesnt have anything to get in the way for making things super flush. No lip or anything. Although there is one screw that holds the bumper...but that seems to be low enough not to cause an issue.

#78 ·
The 5x100 wheel bearings on everything but the STi are... kinda crappy, plus the suspension geometry on any car is compromised when you run much lower of an offset than factory. The AWD system makes it particularly noticeable... without significant suspension work, a Subaru with too low of an offset (+38 is around the cutoff) handles like a dog. A large dog.

#80 ·
Snagged a few photographs of the seats, center console, armrest and shift boot. Enjoy! Additional photographs and information available on our facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/JPMCoachworks. So far we have completed the following...

1. Driver & Passenger Front Seats
  2. Headliner
  3. Shift Boot + Shift Knob
  4. Dash Upper
  5. Center Console
  6. Center Armrest
  7. Sun Visors

jpm-veloster-seats-024 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-027 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-029 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-022 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-030 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-009 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-051 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-040 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

jpm-veloster-seats-047 by JPMCoachworks, on Flickr

Stay tuned for photo updates tomorrow!

Cheers,
Alex

#84 ·
I love the shift knob... And those seat are awesome

#87 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Pricing won't be available until after we get this all buttoned up. Most of the items such as the seats, elbow pad, etc have custom design elements that add to the process (and price) so we have to sit down and figure what the base items will cost first and build from there. All to be announced either just before or just after SEMA.

#88 ·
BTW, I just want to note that during the build on the interior items I have really been amazed at how nicely everything is put together. I've been a Hyundai owner and swear on the reliability and all, but this is my first time taking the interior apart. The underpinnings and the sub-assembly process is at the very least as nice as most luxury cars. All the vents are insulated, screws are used for the most part instead of plastic staking, and lot of the loose parts under the dash are ultrasonically welded to the dash top to prevent vibration and noise. There's obviously a lot of plastic to keep the cost down, but a surprising amount of the trim is actually leather instead of vinyl and the plastic that is in the car is a high quality. A very pleasurable car to work on. Hyundai really did a fantastic job on this one.

#89 ·
Thats very reassuring. I used to work at the big Toyota factory here in Ontario where the Corolla and Matrix are assembled. One of my jobs was building-up and installing the dash and many interior panels, wiring harnesses, door panels, etc.

Believe me when I say, most of their interiors were held together with hopes and dreams lol.

#91 ·
ummm count me in for that armrest, shift boot and ebrake boot. holy jeezzuusss

#92 ·
Great work guys !@

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.