NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motozuma

Motozuma

Has anyone has success using Motozuma for the $500 down payment match on a new Veloster?

Yesterday the Veloster was not in the list of Hyundais on the site but I checked today and it is on the list now. I was able to select it as my target car.

For those of you unfamiliar, Hyundai will match your down payment up to $500. You need an account at http://www.motozuma.com. It has to be open for >30 days. You do not need to put anything in the account until your ready to buy. Then just follow the instructions on the site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Lol, it figures, I search Motozuma before posting this and don't find anything. Then I see 2 other threads that mention Motozuma.

30 days is a long time... So basically I setup an account for free, deposit as much money as I want and can use the funds as a down payment and the dealership will match up to $500 (USD) of what I put down? Is there any point in keeping the account after the deal is done if I don't plan on buying another car anytime soon? Also at what point of the negotiating process do I bring Motozuma up? After the final price has been negotiated?

I wouldn't mention it until you have a price negotiated, don't give them an opportunity to factor that $500 match into the equation. That $500 and your $500 at Motozuma should just be considered as a portion of your down payment. Don't let them make it any more complicated than that.

As was mentioned in the original Motozuma post, this offer expires 12/31/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangone View Post
    As was mentioned in the original Motozuma post, this offer expires 12/31/2011.
    I'm going to wait for the official reviews. If they're positive, then I'll be pretty set on this car. If I open an account tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to make use of the discount till the end of October. What do you guys think the odds of finding a base DCT (any color aside from green, orange and black would do) here in Socal are between November and December?

Quote Originally Posted by smallfun View Post
    I'm going to wait for the official reviews. If they're positive, then I'll be pretty set on this car. If I open an account tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to make use of the discount till the end of October. What do you guys think the odds of finding a base DCT (any color aside from green, orange and black would do) here in Socal are between November and December?
    The most important review will be yours and I have to assume you should be able to test drive one in the next week to 10 days. My dealership is getting 4 - 1 Black manual with Tech and Style and 3 DCT. Not sure about the details of the DCT ones as I'm looking for a manual transmission. In the meantime, your timing makes it perfect for you to open this account. Where in SoCal are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sangone View Post
    The most important review will be yours and I have to assume you should be able to test drive one in the next week to 10 days. My dealership is getting 4 - 1 Black manual with Tech and Style and 3 DCT. Not sure about the details of the DCT ones as I'm looking for a manual transmission. In the meantime, your timing makes it perfect for you to open this account. Where in SoCal are you?
    Long Beach. I've got a couple of dealerships nearby and am hoping to get one from them before year's end.

Just got a reply from Motozuma reguarding the 30 day wait. You do not have to put your money in 30 days in advance of your purchase. They recommended at least 48 hours prior to purchase. The 30 days starts from registration date.
    Also, they have a referral bonus plan...but at $1 each, it seems a bit low.
    Jim

30 days?

Anymore experiences using this rebate? Anyway around having to have the account open for 30 days? I opened one, but i'm thinking mine will be in before 30 days

I used it. It seems like most dealers aren't familiar with it, but it didn't seem like it was that difficult for them to figure out. It cost me an extra 10-15 minutes I think since the lady hadn't done one before, but that's worth the time for $500

The dealer I went to never heard of Motozuma, called their regional office, and they heard the name, but had no idea what it was. Took a couple hours for them to figure it all out with the phone calls and what not, but for $500 I would have waited all day.

Info/Referral code

Hey, i heard good things about it from other forums, so i opened one a couple weeks ago. Like people have been saying the acct only needs to be open 30 days, money can be transfered in 3-4 days before the purchase, and it's all good.
    I think this is just a way to keep the 500$ down payment match, but make it more difficult to take advantage of.
    There is a 25$ fee to get you money back from motozuma if you dont use it fora car. Every car dealership should/can access your acct not just hyundai, but for sure all hyundai will know, they must be playing dumb to avoid matching the cash.

Now for the selfish plug, my motozuma referral code is: Thomas

I get a dollar for any1 that uses it until 10/30, thanks.

Nah, I don't think they're playing dumb, the money comes from Hyundai corporate...they just are dumb. Have you ever met a salesmen that actually knew more about the car than you did? Not knowing about this means they haven't even spent 5 minutes at Hyundai.com
    2003 Mazda Protege5
    2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Im trying to purchase a black manual style, but he sales manager is giving me the run around. my question is, Who pays those $500 from the motozuma deal? And on a side note, Who pays the $500 match when financing though HMF?
    Is it the store or does corporate pay of it?

The $500 through Motozuma comes from Hyundai Corporate, the $500 from HMF comes from HMF. A lot of dealers still aren't very familiar with the Motozuma program, it's a different kind of thing than they are used to, but the HMF match should be no problem. If they're giving you too much of a hard time, go find another dealer and don't be afraid to tell your sales manager that. Might be worth pointing him to Hyundai's web page too, and tell him if he doesn't understand Hyundai's programs to contact his regional team for assistance.

I tried without success to educate a local dealer about the MTZ process, even pointing out that their only 'investment' in the process was a few keystrokes on the computer. They didn't even express the slightest bit of interest when cautioned that the scenario was likely costing them sales. I took my business elsewhere.

Go figure.

Wow, I'd be tempted to contact Hyundai and let them know one of their dealers is driving away sales by not supporting one of their programs.
    2012 Vitamin C DCT Base

How is using Motozuma a BAD thing for the dealers? If it's a program that attracts new customers and puts people over the tipping point into buying, I'd love to hear their logic..

Sounds like they're just lazy..

My experience was very positive.. I opened my account Oct 1st, didn't put any money into it right away, so no biggie. Now I was trying to get the timing right and I explained to my dealer that I need to wait 30 days because of Motozuma, the sales manager I was dealing with knew about, but never did it. They were fine with that and since I had money down didn't have a problem holding a car if one came in.

They did a trade and got one in (after I reminded them I'd look at a Gray one! ) which was only about a week before my 30 days. So I put the money in my account that week, went in on the 31st and picked up Sebastian!

The Motozuma process isn't a big deal, on the site you say you're ready to buy, you'll get a code which you bring with you. Give the dealer the code for Motozuma, then you need to login to your account, plug in some info, then they need to plug in some dealer/banking info..

I think it took an extra 15-20 mins, and now they know how to do it cause hopefully others are doing it!

Well worth it!

Whether or not you should tell your dealer ahead of time or not is another thing cause they might play around with the price, but if you know what you should be paying it shouldn't be a problem..

Stick to your guns, and if they're being jerks about anything move on, other dealers want your business!

Good luck!!
    RT2011
    Gray/Black with Tech named Sebastian

I'm in the process of using mine.

I opened the account and just left it empty until it matured (30 days), then deposited $500 (minimum required for the match) so I'd be ready to buy.

I did not mention the Motozuma or HMF $500 matches until I was finished negotiating price. (They didn't move much on the price but that was expected.) Then I asked if they would honor the Moto and HMF deals and they said sure.

My car just came in, so we are now doing the purchase and loan paperwork, and for the dealer to do the paperwork I had to provide the Moto code. You go to your moto account and click the "ready to buy" link located at the top right corner and you get a page that has a code that you give the dealer.

When you close the deal, you will need to log into the webpage that is listed on the ready to buy page and transfer the funds to your dealer.

My dealer has only done a couple of them and the last one was a while back, but was still perfectly fine with it. It's very simple. If a dealer balks at it, walk. $500 in your pocket is a major incentive for you on a V purchase when most dealers are not negotiating price at all.
    2012 Red w/ Red/black DCT Tech+Style : "Velosteraptor" since Nov 15, 2011

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements