NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Buying a Volester concern

Only problem I had so far is a maintenance person at the dealership driving another person's car and they slide on ice into my bumper. So it's in the shop getting the scratches painted out, the dealership agreed to toss in a couples of extras for the car in apology also.
    Last edited by tomboyyz; 12-10-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    'Tang~ "I wanna be a mustang when I grow up."
    2013 Veloster w/DCT/style/tech/Vitamin C
    foaled 13SEP2012 adopted 17NOV2012

What's your Veloster's name? / \ Veloster.org - Naming Rights thread
    What was you previous vehicle? / \ Veloster.org - Previous car thread

Get or stay healthy. Dr Robert Lustig of Univ of CA
    Sugar: The Bitter Truth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

2013 Turbo Vitamin C Veloster 6M/T...we love it, no problems. MPG about 35 mostly highway.
    RKoz likes this.
    ORANGE CRUSH: 2013 Vitamin C Ultimate Turbo Veloster 6MT

Caineroad you need to learn how to spell it before you can buy it.
    dianebrat likes this.
    Vitamin C Tech Package and Manual, Delivered 1/31/12

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    ...If you get the Style or Tech package with 18's, the ride can seem a bit harsh/noisy. Swapping the OEM tires for something a bit cushier might help, but I doubt the improvement would be drastic...
    Folks over in the tire threads report only modest improvement in ride quality with a swap of tires. It appears the softer sidewalls of the Conti DWS rubber offers a somewhat less harsh ride, described by one V owner as better but not a 'night and day' difference. I'm inclined to go the Conti route even only for a modest improvement.

is the passenger seat height adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
    is the passenger seat height adjustable?
    No.

Speaking if seats in a Veloster. Maybe its different for different people, but both me and my wife find Veloster's seats some of the most comfortable (front seats). While my Veloster was being serviced all those numerous times, each time dealer gave me a loaner and I got to drive Elantra, Sonata, Santa Fe and Genesis and we both still prefer seats in a Veloster. Although seats in Genisis were very nice - with heating and cooling. And overall, I think Veloster is a very nice car as a concept. I just dont have enough trust in it after my experiences, compared to Toyotas and Subarus I used to drive.

I want to ask the seats at the back, are they good for family of four? Usually I am the driver and my mom sits at the front, my sister and my father sit at the back. So are the seats at the back comfortable enough?

A few times in a month, I also want to pick up my grandpa/grandma for lunch/dinner, and they will sit at the back, are the ok for elders?

Basically I love this car, and I want it to become a family car. Yet this car is in the same level as Mini cooper, CRZ, Scion TC, etc from what I have read...

Any comments on the back seats please?

MTD
    Take one for a test drive and bring the family. Im 6'1 and I wouldnt want to sit back there for more then a short trip. There is nowhere to sit in the middle and the roof does slope down so there isnt alot of headroom.
    '13 VT

Yes, you definitely want to test drive with your family. The back seat might be a little less forgiving for the elderly as the back door on the passenger side is fairly small. But it also depends on how tall your family members are. The front seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever ridden in, though. I get lower back pain when on long road trips, and I did two 7.5 hour drives and a 5.5 hour drive within a span of 4 days in my Veloster with NO back pain.

Overall, there are a couple of people that have gotten lemons, but most of us have found the Veloster to be a great car. It is, by FAR, my favorite car I've owned (not that that says much) AND ridden in (that actually says a lot). My only concern for you is that you frequently travel with adults in the back seat. You definitely want to test that out with YOUR family and not assume that everyone would have the same experience.
    RKoz likes this.
    Vitamin C "Dragon"
    "...of COURSE you're a girl dragon!"

I would not say that the Veloster is a good ride for elders, it's tough enough for me to get in and out of and I'm not in that category, just the fact that's it's so low makes it 'elder-unfriendly'

As it is the back seat is ok for kids and the occasional smaller adult, but for normal to larger adults it's short hop trips only IMNSHO. (or good transport for folks you don't like)
    off to the the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I would not say that the Veloster is a good ride for elders, it's tough enough for me to get in and out of and I'm not in that category, just the fact that's it's so low makes it 'elder-unfriendly'
    I think I may qualify as an "elder" at 73 but I have no problems, even at 6'2" and 240#. In fact, I like the driver's comfort just as much as the '11 Sonata SE I traded on the V. The backseat is a whole 'nuther story.

Don

I was happy with my NAV, but even more happy with my VT. Only two things were done under warranty, the steering wheel replaced because of peeling, and the head unit replaced because it did a weird thing when playing from USB. Both were on the NAV, which I traded in at 9,000 miles. The VT has given me no problems @1800 miles.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm 6'5"
    Last edited by spiro; 12-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    2013 Vitamin C VT M/T Ultimate
    @DJSpearOh
    Sold: 2012 Ironman Silver Veloster DCT
    Style & Tech Package

Ive had mine since Sept last year, first one in Midwest. No complaints, no issues. The only gripe is the lag, which the disconnect switch fix help that out a lot. I should have waited for the Turbo, but overall I am pleased.
    Perception is reality. Ergo, the Butt Dyno is never wrong

My brothers and other family members are 5'11" or taller, they all avoid my back seats like a plague. But my car itself (Turbo) has been great.
    Squirtle: 2013 Ocean Blue Veloster Turbo
    ARK - Continental - Diode Dynamics - Enkei - Firstech - HELLA - Injen - Jun B.L - KONI - LLumar - Michelin - Motul - PIAA - Pierce Motorsports - Pittasoft - Rally Armor - Saikou Michi - SOLO - Torque Solution - TRS - Turbosocks - UNIQ - Whiteline - Work

My complaint was/is with Hyundai and the local dealership. My problem was uncommon and I understand the issue with trying to figure out why it happened. The lack of concern is more of my problem. I have noted the VIN number and will stay on top of problems with the Veloster. I hope my fear of the car going backwards in drive does not cause any damage to a human.

Quote Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
    Most people go to car forums to complain. If you have absolutely ZERO problem there's little incentive to pipe up, while any problem tend to be magnified on forums.

i've had about a dozen various vehicles before the Veloster Turbo, and if I were to monitor the forums of each make and model I'd worry myself sick with all the reported problems for each. Turns out, the ONLY car I had that has had any visits to the shop for none maintenance reasons, is a Subaru WRX for a broken AC pulley.

I couldn't agree with his comment more!

I have only owned my V for 2 months, but I love it. Only issue I have encountered is the clock gets off by about 4 minutes about every week. I am pretty sure dealerships have been sent new software they can install to fix that.

ALSO! About the gas mileage. I drive around an even amount of highway and city and average just over 40 MPG. That is great, and a couple miles higher than what I was advertised. While I'm on the high way my eco coach almost always reads above 50 MPG. ALSO for those of us who bought one before they fixed the MPG error, I can wait 10 more months, then have Hyundai send me a reimbursement debit card making up for money lost on gas. They're taking care of us.

And once again, as The HACK said, people like to chime in when things go wrong, why make a big deal out of anything that goes right?
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-17-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    MTD likes this.

This is my first Hyundai. I'm a Nissan guy and kept my cars for about 5 years or more. If you follow regular maintainance services and don't drive your car hard like you're racing all the time, I don't see why it won't last. New models usually have issues but that's that's where they learn and fix issues with the new models.

All my friends who own Hyundai's are happy with their vehicles so I decided to bite the bullet and get the Veloster since I liked that its quite a nice econo car

Although this thread is pretty old, I thought I should update my comment on the DCT gearbox. I admit that my criticism of the DCT may have been premature. Here's a link to a thread with more info on the DCT:

Opinions regarding the three DCT modes?
    2013 Veloster (Style, Tech, DCT) Century White

I have 10,000 trouble free kms... With good fuel economy ... I have the dct ... And have learned to get the most from it ... Which is pretty good... The car has its limits ... But I love it and I am proud to own it ...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements