Veloster Forum banner

Intake ??

Tags
intake
3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Incognito 
#1 ·
Is there any company's that make an intake tht the factory hoses all still connect too?? This 6ee Sri is annoying to be honest dam thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Didn't think the gains are worth the annoyance to me. Planning on swapping back the stock box wither a drop in k and n filter.

#2 ·
i just got the turboxs one where everything stays the same including the bov hose

#3 ·
I just saw Incognito post on the "What did you do to your Veloster today?" thread, he used aftermarket tubing to connect to the factory OEM airbox itself.
Maybe that could be an alternative to factory tubing on an aftermarket intake cone/box.

He also believes that the intake cones themselves are what makes it loud, and I'd agree. Go talk to him and ask about it, if you'd like to do this.

Reactions: Incognito
#4 ·
I have just done this .. pulled my K&N Typhoon and put back the stock air-box with a drop in K&N. The car now sounds more 'civilized' plus I can now here the Magnaflow in all its glory :)
I was surprised to find I now have more low down torque at the bottom end and little to no loss in performance at the top end .. for the type of spirited street driving I can do without getting a ticket.

#5 ·
Here was my solution, rather than sell it (I had initially bought it used from another member), I just measured and cut it. My tube size is 3" so it mated perfectly with the stock box. Yours is 3.5" so you'd have to get a reducer.

Now for the stock intake box, I took all the crap out of it and made two other holes in it about the size of baseballs. The holes were then covered in aluminum window screen with silicone to keep debris out. The stock filter was replaced with an AEM. This is a definite improvement to the stock setup but without the noise.

#7 ·
I run the k&n filter and stock box with stock tubes. No resonator. All the air comes in through the inner fender area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.