NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New magnaflow exhaust picture and diagram

New magnaflow exhaust picture and diagram

Variable, kwill and kimtyson like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

is the second exhaust tip to fit the factory tips? because they look so nice and it seems something is missing with that big gaping hole on the picture
    Last edited by velogangster; 04-04-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Keep it gangster.

Well it looks like I'll be having to modify the tips. I want them to be useable with the stock body mounted tips. It also looks like I'll be modifying the resonator side of things with another LONG resonator in there when I delete the 2nd cat and replace it with the resonator. It looks like they might have used a metric sized pipe too. Hmmmm, well once I get it I'll size it up and go from there. I'm guessing they want you to cut the OEM exhaust which I won't do. So I'll be right at home in fabrication land in another week or so... Fingers are crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by velogangster View Post
    is the second exhaust tip to fit the factory tips? because they look so nice and it seems something is missing with that big gaping hole on the picture
    when I spoke with tech 2nd set of tips are the OEM tips to show how the new tips line up. He said you will be able to see the new tips extend pass the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    Well it looks like I'll be having to modify the tips. I want them to be useable with the stock body mounted tips. It also looks like I'll be modifying the resonator side of things with another LONG resonator in there when I delete the 2nd cat and replace it with the resonator. It looks like they might have used a metric sized pipe too. Hmmmm, well once I get it I'll size it up and go from there. I'm guessing they want you to cut the OEM exhaust which I won't do. So I'll be right at home in fabrication land in another week or so... Fingers are crossed...
    tech also said bolt on system. remove old and install new. But I can send him another e mail tommorrow to double check. hopefully in another week we will know for sure.

its disapointing that they went with exhaust clamps insted of welding fla¸nges at the end of the pipes!!! was that to bring cost down? its making me second guess buying this!!! I dont want to cut my original exhaust line either!!!!!
    Keep it gangster.

Is their any sound clips

Quote Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
    when I spoke with tech 2nd set of tips are the OEM tips to show how the new tips line up. He said you will be able to see the new tips extend pass the opening.
    they dont look like the originals...
    Keep it gangster.

Any performance gain? Seat of your pants test... Did you alter your intake? More air in more out now should at least make it more responsive. MPG?

Judging from the schematics you posted, it looks like they are sending 2 exhaust different tip sections. One is the unit they have on the V in the picture, and the other fits the factory tips? I'm hoping this is correct. But, if not, I'll just whip something up at work to fit like I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalGrade View Post
    Any performance gain? Seat of your pants test... Did you alter your intake? More air in more out now should at least make it more responsive. MPG?
    We only order the exhaust. It was only release today. We don't have a clue on any info other than what I posted. I am going on my past expierence with Magnaflow and the fact that it's 2.5 inches. Almost bought the Borla for $ 673 but that is only an axle back. I like the idea that you can see the tips. I want to see it not just hear it. Looks much better than the three tip exhaust that is being offer here for almost half the price. Some time you just got to roll the dice and hope you don't get snake eyes.

Thumbs down

and sometimes you just got to wait for feedback from other people

I hope it works out well for you, usually magnaflow makes top quality products
    Keep it gangster.

Subscribed!

Woohoo for the pics!! Now where are the sound clips.

I just saw this thread. I wonder how it sounds. I will be replacing my OEM resonator with magnaflow straight through flow type. But what size will fit in the space where the OEM is? Which model number should I order?
    2006 Miata

Sold: 2012 Yellow Veloster Style & Tech. Manual transmission. Born on 11/18/11. Purchased 2/4/12. Magnaflow 11224 +10414+ dual tip.

Receive a post card from Summit today. Ship date push back to 4/21. No reason why.

Are you serious? I haven't gotten any notification as of yet. They are supposed to drop-ship right from Magnaflow for me and I'm supposed to have it this week. I better check into this then...

i'll stick to a muffler delete.
    2013 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo A/T
    Purchased 4-23-14 @ Phillipsburg-Easton Hyundai
    Stewartsville, New Jersey
    2012 Ultra Black DCT Veloster (traded)
    Coming soon:
    fog light angel eyes
    Injen Intake

Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I just saw this thread. I wonder how it sounds. I will be replacing my OEM resonator with magnaflow straight through flow type. But what size will fit in the space where the OEM is? Which model number should I order?
    I ordered #10414 to replace my resonator.
    2006 Miata

Sold: 2012 Yellow Veloster Style & Tech. Manual transmission. Born on 11/18/11. Purchased 2/4/12. Magnaflow 11224 +10414+ dual tip.

I just tracked my exhaust... It should be here tomorrow! I've recently come to understand there isn't much (if any) more of a gain with the cat-back as opposed to the axle-back sections. Well, I guess I'll find out how this system does and go from there. I'm sure if I delete the 2nd cat it will give me a few more ponies. Time will tell...

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements