Veloster Forum banner

comprehensive insurance

6K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  T_R 
#1 ·
Hi All,
just trying to organise some insurance for our V, but got lots of variances in quotes, just wondering who you have received a good deal with or can recommend???

#16 ·
That is strange. For my two vehicles, 2012 V and a 2010 Patriot, 21st was $1100 more than Geico. State Farm was $550 less than Geico for a higher coverage level. Just the V us now under $370. Full coverage with 250/500 liability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
Allstate has been great when ever I've needed them. Maybe try them or Esurance now that they are owned by Allstate

#14 ·
Cheapest for me is Bingle. Cheaper than RACV, Allianz and AAMI by more than $100. Plus the excess is only $500 as opposed to $600 or more.

Note for those using AAMI: I found it was $50 cheaper to put me (a male) as the primary driver and my wife as a additional driver, rather than the other way around. This is despite the fact that we were both born in the same year and licenced for the same amount of time and neither of us have had any recent claims. So it seems that for whatever reason, AAMI considers men better drivers (of Velosters at least) than women.

#21 ·
Just keep in mind with your insurance, if you have a model with the panoramic roof, nrma will cover this as a no excess item if it needs to be replaced as they have glass cover. Covers any glass panel in the car. Most other insurers will only cover a windscreen with their glass cover, this means the full excess needs to be paid if you need the rood replaced.

NRMA for me. 27 male qld for $55/month. Excess set at $800.

#24 ·
After 5 weeks ownership, insurance became due. Swapped it from previous car to VT when I bought the car. The best quote I got for my wife as the owner of the car was from Budget which came in at $728. She is on rating 3 as she had an at fault accident last year. Car is insured agreed value $36000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.