NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: comprehensive insurance

Just keep in mind with your insurance, if you have a model with the panoramic roof, nrma will cover this as a no excess item if it needs to be replaced as they have glass cover. Covers any glass panel in the car. Most other insurers will only cover a windscreen with their glass cover, this means the full excess needs to be paid if you need the rood replaced.

NRMA for me. 27 male qld for $55/month. Excess set at $800.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T_R View Post
    Allianz for me, just a touch over $400 with a $500 excess. Agreed value of $36.5k. The funny thing was there was no price difference between agreed value of $31k and $36.5k...
    Is that for the NAV or Turbo???

If it's the turbo then I would sugggest you have been quoted incorrectly and should check your policy.

If it is for the VT then I need to move to Canberra and only drive to church on Sundays

changed my Allianz quote to a turbo (just to see) and it was only $100 more than the NAV - $534, with a $600 excess (and $503 if only cover to drivers over 30yrs)

After 5 weeks ownership, insurance became due. Swapped it from previous car to VT when I bought the car. The best quote I got for my wife as the owner of the car was from Budget which came in at $728. She is on rating 3 as she had an at fault accident last year. Car is insured agreed value $36000

Sorry. Above should have read market value, not agreed value

Lol, I wonder what my wife would say about that

Quote Originally Posted by crikey View Post
    Cheapest for me is Bingle. Cheaper than RACV, Allianz and AAMI by more than $100. Plus the excess is only $500 as opposed to $600 or more.

Note for those using AAMI: I found it was $50 cheaper to put me (a male) as the primary driver and my wife as a additional driver, rather than the other way around. This is despite the fact that we were both born in the same year and licenced for the same amount of time and neither of us have had any recent claims. So it seems that for whatever reason, AAMI considers men better drivers (of Velosters at least) than women.

The veloster breakes every rule about cars from less fancy badges, and thats why we love it!!

T_R
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    Is that for the NAV or Turbo???

If it's the turbo then I would sugggest you have been quoted incorrectly and should check your policy.

If it is for the VT then I need to move to Canberra and only drive to church on Sundays
    Nope, it's for the Turbs, both drivers over 36. I did receive a few additional discounts which probably don't apply for a normal person.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements