Veloster Forum banner

Sat Nav broken again, just out of 3yr Warranty!!!

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mangusta 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 9/2012 Veloster +, and 9 months ago the Sat Nav failed.

It showed "Initialization error: LoadLanguage failed", and when I pressed Map or Nav then Agree it just sits there.

The dealer replaced it last time under warranty, and said I was lucky to get it fixed before the 3 year warranty expired on the Head Unit.

I thought is was covered by the 5 year unlimited km warranty the same as the car?

Anyway it just happened again, and is now outside the 3 years!

Does anyone know how to fix these units, or should I look for an aftermarket unit and fitting kit?

Please help me as I still think the car is among the best I have had, and don't want to change it yet as it only has 17,000kms on it.

Any advise???

Many Thanks

Terry

See less See more
#2 ·
I would go back to the dealer and ask them to fix it. Considering this was fixed 9 months earlier, you could argue that there should be a minimum 12 month warranty on repairs. If the dealer doesn't want to fix it, suggest a number of things: try another dealer (Essendon Hyundai has been good to me), complain on Hyundai Australia's facebook page / lodge a call and if all else fails, try consumer affairs.

The problem with after market stereos are: other than steering wheel controls (not too sure if you maintain phone functionality on your steering wheel) you lose, OEM reverse camera (aftermarket can be added), microphone (bluetooth should be in aftermarket hu), USB functionality (aftermarket HUs include this), OEM GPS antenna (GPS capable units have their own) and the biggest issue for those of us with auto climate control temp and vent display.

#3 ·
Hi 999RXerox,Thank you, all very good points, and I had not thought of the climate control settings.

I have booked it in for next Friday, and will see how receptive they are, and will post what sort of answer I get.

I would still like to know what can be done to repair the fault, it is all well and good for them to just replace it, but when I looked at "Fix my GPS", many other units come up with the same error, and it seems reinstalling or replacing the software is the recommended fix not sure if it is possible for these units.

Thanks again

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.