NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By oldsalt
  • 2 Post By AdelaideSRT
  • 1 Post By Bender

Thread: Veloster Admirer Tales

Cool Veloster Admirer Tales

Since I have had my yellow V plus I have had numerous people comment on the car or just stare at it.

I saw a bloke check it out for about 10 minutes when the wife was in the supermarket.

Then there was a guy taking a photo of it with his phone camera.

I had a person approach me at the medical centre and ask what type of Porsche it was?

Today, my wife and I were returning to the car and there were 2 guys looking at it, then another bloke arrived. They also thought it was a Porsche and after discussing the car for about 10 minutes the wife got cranky and broke up the meeting.

I had to return to the supermarket later and saw a couple of people I know. They immediately asked about the car, what is it? This time I said, it's a Porsche cost me $200,000.00, I thought it was a Porsche one said. I eventually told them the truth.

One of the reasons they all have no idea is that I re-branded it with the K Logo gear.

Anyone else get this sort of thing?
    BeXtaRoXta likes this.
    My forum, if you are Ex or Current Australian ADF http://www.tri-service.org/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

We stopped at McDonalds at Morphett Vale on the way home from Victor today - I was sitting at the window watching people point and talk about the Veloster parked outside (admittedly freshly cleaned and shiny in the sun) - a couple of guys went around it several times discussing the the car. It was quite amazing watching the reactions from a distance lol

While I was in the car wash, there were a couple of guys washing an bright green HSV Ute next to me - well, one washing, one supervising - the one supervising looked into my bay then called the other over with 'hey, you've gotta come see this'. We'd pulled in at the supermarket the day before - I parked about a dozen rows away 'cos I'm still way paranoid of getting the paint market, and some guy came up and said 'stunning car, they've just come out, haven't they?' - it's still constant at the moment, and I love the attention it gets
    BeXtaRoXta and oldsalt like this.
    Manual Veloster SR Turbo in Marmalade

I had some guy at the lights pointing at my car and talking to his girlfriend and gesturing towards it etc, she looked really bored
    oldsalt likes this.

I've lost count and posted a few times about the endless and ongoing head turns, stares, points, comments etc that I've had since I got my V+ last February !

Had guys stop in middle of pedestrian crossings take photos, another guy followed me all way to my friends place to ask me all about it, people hanging out of windows on the freeway, construction guys near my place ask me about it. Possibly my favorite was some funny asian tin rattler at the traffic lights give me a big grin and a thumbs up !

It still happens nearly a year later - I like that there's only so many on the road that they are still not a daily or regular sight to most people ..

You got some pics with the K logo gear ? Sounds awesome ..
    2011 Sunflower Veloster Plus DCT
    "Averaging 6 headturns a day ..."

I have been asked about the turbo more than a dozen times, I have seen people studying it intently and I even came across a group of tourists taking pictures of it. But I'm used to the attention because the motorcycle in my avatar garners a lot more interest than the Veloster.

My favorite encounter so far was a guy in a sick blacked out 911 on HRE's that I was checking out, checking my car out. As I was drooling over his car I could see him craning his neck at mine staring it up and down giving the nod.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte Black Vinyl Graphics
    twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks - adventuresinclimbing.org

I had a couple recently "stalk" me in the Ikea parking garage before stopping and asking me about my V. They were older and want to buy their grandson a new little car for college. They couldn't believe it is a Hyundai. They were like "it just looks so futuristic and cool!" LOL They were floored when I told them I got it fully loaded for around $25k.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

We went to a supermarket about 8 ks from our house yesterday.

As soon as I pulled into the car park another car parked next to me.

They got out of their car and asked about the V.

They had followed me for the 8k's just to see the car.

They couldn't believe it was an Hyundai.
    My forum, if you are Ex or Current Australian ADF http://www.tri-service.org/

Even though it's an Australia part of the forum i'll throw my 2 cents in...

As i pulled up to a stop light i had an asian guy pull up smiling like crazy and on the phone and signals to roll window down i put my window down and he says"Very nice car, i have never seen before". he then says "i'm on phone with friend i tell him about it". i gave him a thumbs up and said thanks then i had to go.

P.s. why does my keyboard mess up only here it seems whenever i want to put a , or ' or " it puts or or . it got me all messed up and i thought my keyboard was stuck in french or something lol.

You have your keyboard settings to International - US which enables you to type romance-language accents. Inverted comma followed by a vowel gives you an acute accent () while inverted comma followed by a back-accent gives you a grave accent (). I'm multi-lingual and have all my keyboards set up that way. The way to avoid the accents is inverted comma - space - vowel (like this 'a). Or go to control panel and change your keyboard settings, but you're Canadian where the ability to type French might be an advantage.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements