Veloster Forum banner

Turbo In Arizona

Tags
arizona turbo
15K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  Gruntled 
#1 ·
Just another sunny day for a spin through Papago Park.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Chapman Hyundai in Scottsdale on Mcdowell next to the crosscut canal...I think it is about 64th Street. Good luck...did you get a Turbo ? I went for the Elite White, Automatic, Blue trim Ultimate package. I purchased it out of state and had it trucked here from Chicago :) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Coupé

#9 ·
Chapman Hyundai in Scottsdale on Mcdowell next to the crosscut canal...I think it is about 64th Street. Good luck...did you get a Turbo ? I went for the Elite White, Automatic, Blue trim Ultimate package. I purchased it out of state and had it trucked here from Chicago :) View attachment 11088
No I didn't get one yet, but that's like the exact color/style/config of the one I am working of getting. :)

#14 ·
The trucking company was hired by the dealer who I paid to have the vehicle shipped to Arizona. One important thing to keep in mind and protect yourself is to have the car insured starting the day you sign the papers not the day the vehicle arrives at your home. The insurance is imortatnt just in case the vehicle is damaged by hail etc. while on the truck. The truck left the dealer on a Tuesday afternoon and Friday am was in Phoenix for an early pm delivery. Will not forget the sight of the car comming off the truck :D The driver was surprised how many pepole came up and were inquiring about the car while traveling west.

#15 ·
I'm probably gonna pull the trigger and put my deposit down for the VT A/T Ultimate White package tomorrow. Earnhardt N. Scottsdale quoted me $28,997.14 OTD - that's with Tint/Plate&Tire/Tax/Doc included. Is that a fair price?

Though they said they have to drive it up from Tucson to Scottsdale so it will have 200 miles by the time I take it home.

I just did a quick MapQuest trip calculator from the Tucson dealer to Scottsdale dealer, says it's 123 miles if you take the I-10 West route. What's the 77 mile difference? Is it possible the car has already been test driven that much in Tucson? Should I be concerned on that? Maybe the dealer was just overestimating on the mileage. I will ask him tomorrow.

#17 ·
Well they ended up selling that White VT in Tucson anyways before I ended up buying that one in Tuscon.

Though I just heard from Tempe Hyundai a few days ago and they said they are getting a Marathon Blue Ult package allocated to them and I should have "dibs" on it when it arrives late this week. I think I'm gonna get it so I on't have to mess with trying to get it shipped or drive from out of town anywhere. :) Blue was my other color chose besides White anyways.
The car won't have tint on it but they said can do it at the dealer for $289 with lifetime warranty. My brother in law knows a guy that does tint but I don't know how much he charges. Is that a good price for tint?

#19 · (Edited)
Well the dealer called earlier, it looks like they got the car in. :) Gonna go down and check it out tonight, then pick it up tomorrow! Hopefully the Motozuma rebate deal will go through, too I just have to log in the site and print out my form. :)

Just got back from the dealer with the car, here is a quick pic I took of it. :) Everything went smooth at the dealer, they were very helpful showing me all the options of the car ect. The only quirk that we found that did not work is when I paired my Galaxy Nexus phone to bluetooth it would not download/recognize my contacts all. Not sure why but will mess with it more later.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Hyundai

#23 ·
Oh that's right I forgot you mentioned you were in Chandler, too. Are you planning on modding your car at all? I don't think I will, but I'm still trying to figure out how to put the front licence plate on like timo has on his.

I know front plates are not required in AZ, but I have this fake vanity plate I've had for years that says "NJOY AZ" and I've had it on all my previous cars, and I wanna put it on the VT now.

The front plate assembly that was in the trunk only had some screws, I thought it would clip on or something but the manual doesn't say how to attach it. I'm not too keen on drilling into the plastic to get this thing attached.

#24 ·
Since you had some interest I took a few pics. First shows a black gloss plain insert I now have on my front plate. Got it a Pep Boys for a few bucks. I like the look and it makes the front grill just look black. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Grille
I took that off and you can see the plate holder that was put on by the dealer...just 4 srews (pic2). They feel like you do not want to over tighten or they might strip. Automotive exterior Grille Bumper Vehicle Car
After you take the holder off you can see the front plastic plate bump has many holes from the different screws (pic 3).. not much there. Bumper Automotive exterior Grille Vehicle door Auto part
So it should be easy to put the plate holder on if you want to. Just do not over tighten any of the srews.

Good luck. :cool:

#25 ·
Dealer had already stripped one of mine on the front - and due to their policy they'd put their own plate covers on rather than the Veloster surrounds (yuck - had to fix that) - I've put a dab of clear nail polish on the edge of each screw to stop them rotating loose with vibration - some of the old tricks still work :)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
Hey timo since you have tint on your VT too what do you use to clean the glass with? My coworker said of you have tinted windows not to use Windex or it will mess up the tint, which makes since. I'd imagine it's safe to use Windex on the outside, though :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#29 ·
I have tint safe, streak free Armorall wipes for the interior, they're so wet I have to follow them up with a micro fibre cloth I keep purely for the inside glass. Extremely good for keeping the glass fog free, too. Outside I use a cheap aerosol glass cleaner, it's like $1.98 from Big W, and shifts all the bug guts, etc, from the windscreen with one spray - two cloths, one for cleaning, one to buff off the last traces and leave ultra streak free at the end. Yes, I'm pedantic, but a clean shiny car with smeary marks all over the glass just looks bad.

Btw, for the Aussies, Big W do a 1kg bag of micro fibre cloths for $10 - hunt through for a good bag with multiple colours in it, you get dozens of individual sizes, makes it a breeze to clean different surfaces well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#30 ·
Gruntled

I usually just use a damp cloth, never use windex type products. I really like AdelaideSRT's suggestion and will get some of those wipes. The mircofiber cloths really make a difference. I use a screen cleaner I got for my computer mointor on the interior screen/monitor of the VT and dry it with the microfiber cloth. Takes off the finger prints and oils...works great...I would use the same stuff you can pick up for cleaning LED screens just use a microfiber cloth to dry.

Oh.... and when you spend that extra time to clean the chrome exhaust tips of all that soot...be careful and pay attention to where you are placing the tips of your fingers..I almsot cut off a tip on the inside rim where the chrome plate ends..it is razor sharp :eek:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.