NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Turbo In Arizona

Yeah or instead of Winter Solstice Blue maybe I should nickname it Mayan Apocalypse Blue since I got the car today lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Gruntled now I need to make some mods to mine to make it different (better) looking than yours lol :P

I'm in chandler and own a blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT182 View Post
    Gruntled now I need to make some mods to mine to make it different (better) looking than yours lol :P

I'm in chandler and own a blue one.
    Oh that's right I forgot you mentioned you were in Chandler, too. Are you planning on modding your car at all? I don't think I will, but I'm still trying to figure out how to put the front licence plate on like timo has on his.

I know front plates are not required in AZ, but I have this fake vanity plate I've had for years that says "NJOY AZ" and I've had it on all my previous cars, and I wanna put it on the VT now.

The front plate assembly that was in the trunk only had some screws, I thought it would clip on or something but the manual doesn't say how to attach it. I'm not too keen on drilling into the plastic to get this thing attached.

Since you had some interest I took a few pics. First shows a black gloss plain insert I now have on my front plate. Got it a Pep Boys for a few bucks. I like the look and it makes the front grill just look black. Turbo In Arizona-hyundai-license-1.jpg I took that off and you can see the plate holder that was put on by the dealer...just 4 srews (pic2). They feel like you do not want to over tighten or they might strip. Turbo In Arizona-hyundai-license-2.jpg After you take the holder off you can see the front plastic plate bump has many holes from the different screws (pic 3).. not much there. Turbo In Arizona-hyundai-license-3.jpgSo it should be easy to put the plate holder on if you want to. Just do not over tighten any of the srews.

Good luck.

Dealer had already stripped one of mine on the front - and due to their policy they'd put their own plate covers on rather than the Veloster surrounds (yuck - had to fix that) - I've put a dab of clear nail polish on the edge of each screw to stop them rotating loose with vibration - some of the old tricks still work

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Manual Veloster SR Turbo in Marmalade

Thanks for the pictures timo, looks like this might be my weekend project trying to get the plate holder attached.

Since I literally bought mine off the truck i made sure they didn't drill holes in my car or add any other dealer addons. I like the blank front
    timo likes this.

Hey timo since you have tint on your VT too what do you use to clean the glass with? My coworker said of you have tinted windows not to use Windex or it will mess up the tint, which makes since. I'd imagine it's safe to use Windex on the outside, though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

I have tint safe, streak free Armorall wipes for the interior, they're so wet I have to follow them up with a micro fibre cloth I keep purely for the inside glass. Extremely good for keeping the glass fog free, too. Outside I use a cheap aerosol glass cleaner, it's like $1.98 from Big W, and shifts all the bug guts, etc, from the windscreen with one spray - two cloths, one for cleaning, one to buff off the last traces and leave ultra streak free at the end. Yes, I'm pedantic, but a clean shiny car with smeary marks all over the glass just looks bad.

Btw, for the Aussies, Big W do a 1kg bag of micro fibre cloths for $10 - hunt through for a good bag with multiple colours in it, you get dozens of individual sizes, makes it a breeze to clean different surfaces well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Manual Veloster SR Turbo in Marmalade

Gruntled

I usually just use a damp cloth, never use windex type products. I really like AdelaideSRT's suggestion and will get some of those wipes. The mircofiber cloths really make a difference. I use a screen cleaner I got for my computer mointor on the interior screen/monitor of the VT and dry it with the microfiber cloth. Takes off the finger prints and oils...works great...I would use the same stuff you can pick up for cleaning LED screens just use a microfiber cloth to dry.

Oh.... and when you spend that extra time to clean the chrome exhaust tips of all that soot...be careful and pay attention to where you are placing the tips of your fingers..I almsot cut off a tip on the inside rim where the chrome plate ends..it is razor sharp .

I was at Oreilly's the other day and didn't see any of those armor all wipes.. they must have been out of stock, so I just picked up a bottle of this Rain-X® Glass Cleaner - Rain-X since it says it's safe for tinted windows.

I haven't cleaned off the soot on the exhaust yet... I've read a couple of threads on the subject but too many posts to weed-through to see what the best fix is. I think one post I saw something mentioned they used a chrome cleaner on the exhaust.

LOL...I just purchased the same wipes from Walmart and picked up a bottle of Meguiar's Leather Conditioner / Cleaner. I put some of the car wax on the chrome exhaust tips to see if getting the soot off later would be easier...shined them up great...they now sparkle....

Arizona rules!!!!! So we have white, blue and red now!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turbo In Arizona-imag0340.jpg   Turbo In Arizona-imag0338.jpg  
    Gruntled likes this.

Congratulatioins ! Like the way you treated the wheels.

Any interest in having the Phoenix Metro Turbos meet sometime ?

Quote Originally Posted by adoggphx View Post
    nice

So with the really cold temps this week in Phoenix lately every day on the drive to work (Idrive to work when it's still dark out) I've been running the seat warmers lol. Never thought I had to do that in Phoenix
    The 2 toggle settings on there, is it for switching the warming between your ass and your back or is it just for the heat "strength" settings on the whole seat at the same time?

Heat settings. I said the same thing when I first bought mine. I wouldn't need it if the car came with cloth interior though.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Base
    2007 Versa SL
    1989 240sx XE

Quote Originally Posted by adoggphx View Post
    wow dear the red one is looking awesome and this is the color which I like more. But both others are also looking very nice. And guys I think you have good skills about photography. Thanks for sharing the photos ,, I will for further more from other guys.

So I got my real licence plate in this week and and just tried to install today, but I noticed the plate does not fit inside the frame on the sides and top, it will fit in the groove below and I can secure it with the screws no problem. Did any of you fellow Arizonans VT owners have that problem? It looks like my plate might be larger than it should?
    Side note did any of you guys buy a clear license plate cover as well to help with the exhaust soot getting all over the licence plate?

My rear plate basically fits top and bottom but the sides extend out over the frame about an 1/8 " on each side but no one would notice.Like you said the screws secure the license to the frame. So a perfect fit no but good enough. Really do not see the need for a cover, the soot washes off with no problem. I did notice after driiving the car a while there was a soot build up on the underside of the rear spoiler. Maybe since my car is white it was more noticeable. Anyway the best way to get caked up soot off is to use WD40 and then wax the area real good. WD40 eats the soot !

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements