Veloster Forum banner

Turbo In Arizona

Tags
arizona turbo
15K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  Gruntled 
#1 ·
Just another sunny day for a spin through Papago Park.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I was at Oreilly's the other day and didn't see any of those armor all wipes.. they must have been out of stock, so I just picked up a bottle of this Rain-X® Glass Cleaner - Rain-X since it says it's safe for tinted windows.

I haven't cleaned off the soot on the exhaust yet... I've read a couple of threads on the subject but too many posts to weed-through to see what the best fix is. I think one post I saw something mentioned they used a chrome cleaner on the exhaust.

#32 ·
LOL...I just purchased the same wipes from Walmart and picked up a bottle of Meguiar's Leather Conditioner / Cleaner. I put some of the car wax on the chrome exhaust tips to see if getting the soot off later would be easier...shined them up great...they now sparkle....:eek:

#36 ·
So with the really cold temps this week in Phoenix lately every day on the drive to work (Idrive to work when it's still dark out) I've been running the seat warmers lol. Never thought I had to do that in Phoenix :)
The 2 toggle settings on there, is it for switching the warming between your ass and your back or is it just for the heat "strength" settings on the whole seat at the same time?

#39 ·
So I got my real licence plate in this week and and just tried to install today, but I noticed the plate does not fit inside the frame on the sides and top, it will fit in the groove below and I can secure it with the screws no problem. Did any of you fellow Arizonans VT owners have that problem? It looks like my plate might be larger than it should?
Side note did any of you guys buy a clear license plate cover as well to help with the exhaust soot getting all over the licence plate?

#40 ·
My rear plate basically fits top and bottom but the sides extend out over the frame about an 1/8 " on each side but no one would notice.Like you said the screws secure the license to the frame. So a perfect fit no but good enough. Really do not see the need for a cover, the soot washes off with no problem. I did notice after driiving the car a while there was a soot build up on the underside of the rear spoiler. Maybe since my car is white it was more noticeable. Anyway the best way to get caked up soot off is to use WD40 and then wax the area real good. WD40 eats the soot ! :)

#41 ·
Just picked up an Ultimate black VT Tuesday evening...so add black to the mix...(I do like the red w black wheels tho..always have liked that combo)

#45 ·
I have a silver VT - mostly drive from Laveen to north scottsdale. I haven't really done anything with mine, but want to. I'm not too car technical. I'm really looking for someone to do some vinyl work on my car, stripes and accent pieces. I can't believe some places want like 1k for some small vinyl work... I'd be willing to meet up sometime.

#46 ·
Hey,

I'm also in Phoenix, AZ, and I picked up a black auto veloster base two nights ago. I haven't gotten the chance to take any pictures or update my profile, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. I traded in a 2012 Hyundai Sonata and think I made the right move so far :).

Chris here by the way.

#48 ·
Yeah BigT182 I have not seen any VTs in the wild yet besides mine. :) Though I saw another Marathon Blue one in a Sam's club parking lot last week but when I drove up to it, was a NAV. There's also another Red NAV I see parked in my nearby Albertson's when I shop there, so it must belong to an employee in one of the shops in the plaza. I always try to park next to it and see if the owner will see the "better" VT parked next to it lol.

On a side note, I scraped my rim when I went through a drive thru the other day after work and misjudged the inside curb on the driver side. :( I don't think there is a way to repair that is it?

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Automotive exterior

#55 ·
Yeah BigT182 I have not seen any VTs in the wild yet besides mine. :) Though I saw another Marathon Blue one in a Sam's club parking lot last week but when I drove up to it, was a NAV. There's also another Red NAV I see parked in my nearby Albertson's when I shop there, so it must belong to an employee in one of the shops in the plaza. I always try to park next to it and see if the owner will see the "better" VT parked next to it lol.

On a side note, I scraped my rim when I went through a drive thru the other day after work and misjudged the inside curb on the driver side. :( I don't think there is a way to repair that is it?

View attachment 12643
sometimes they can be repaired I did the same thing have not had it repaired yet. The Service manager at earnhardt north Mike Southern said they have a guy thst does these repairs. I'm sure the other dealers do also, I have no idea of the cost though.

#49 ·
I saw a white turbo over by I-17 and T bird a few days ago...only other one I've seen. And bummer on the wheel....you could check one of the mobile wheel repair places to see if it can be fixed or buy aftermarket wheels and sell those as spares...:) Id buy one for the right price

#53 ·
I've never used one....but have known people that have. If you decide to let me know. Have you done any suspension mods to yours yet..? Im waiting on the Betamax coilovers to come in, then will be installing/setting them up along with a strut tower brace. Also just ordered an Injen CAI for it...

#56 ·
Injen CAI installed! its sounds pretty wicked now...

#58 ·
I'm in the far far west valley...I dont have any soundclips but really dont think the ones Ive heard online do it justice. Its a pretty sweet sound. You wont be dissapointed in the sound it makes.

#62 ·
2013 Hyundai Veloster TURBO INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE Part# SP1341 |

Not really hard to install...if you are scared to take things apart it makes it more difficult. :) I installed the warm air set up one night and then pulled the front bumper cover off the next and finished. As far as loud...its subjective really...I happen to LOVE it...the wife...meh, not so much...she thinks its TOO loud...but I think its perfect.

#64 ·
Hey was anyone here driving eastbound on Queen Creek near Alma School in a Silver VT around 4 PM today that had AZ Cardinal plates? It was the first time I ever saw a VT in the wild and I noticed it in my driver sideview mirror, then it pulled up sort of next to me but I had to make a right turn on Alma School so I didn't get a chance wave to the driver lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.