NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Turbo Member

New Turbo Member

Hi All. I just purchased my White Turbo V a couple days ago and I have one word so far: Wow. I have to admit I have been lurking on this forum for a while because I leased and drove a n/a silver veloster for a year. I absolutely loved the silver V, and that car served its purpose very well. However there is no turning back now and since I have plans for the new Turbo, I thought I would jump in and join the crowd here.

I do plan on posting an extensive Turbo Vs. N/A review after I reach and surpass the 500 mile engine break end period ( if anyone is interested ).

Like I said, with the turbo I have plans. I will list what I want to do because I openly accept any suggestions or feedback ( positive or negative ). First, I feel like ( pun intended ) that the first mod has be new tires. The tires on this car need to be wider and obviously match the performance of the car ( imo ). I also plan on a custom grill, painting the lower rear brake light moldings white(currently black), light window tint all around, and an exhaust; but I am not sure which exhaust yet.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI.

2013 Veloster Turbo ~200 miles
    New Turbo Member-car1.jpg

2012 Veloster ( Turned in ~ 9000 miles)
    New Turbo Member-silver1.jpg

NovaNative

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

nice trade

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

Novanative, I too lease a silver N/A V. How did returning the lease work? How much did the payment go up? Been really thinking about doing the same. If I could keep my payment the same I would totally do it.

Nice move! I went from a black NA-V to my black Turbo in less than 3 months and my only "second-thought" is if I should have waited for white...yours makes me realize I would be happy with either and I do like the way the way white really defines the grille and panoramic roof. I just passed 3,400 miles and can tell you that the engine -just as it did with my NA-V really starts to "open up" with the added miles. I've stayed (and will stay) 100% stock so I can't advise you that way. I will say that what I LOVE most about my Turbo is that in the 2 1/2 months I've been driving it I've only seen ONE other Turbo on the road. I'm sure I pass a thousand people in traffic every day who get to the office and tell someone about the hot little black car they've never seen before! Have fun!
    2013 Veloster Turbo Automatic, Ultra Black/Gray, Ultimate Package...Driving My Dream!

Can't agree more.

jm00ser, I actually thought I would lose a lot on the lease but not the case..I only put 8800 miles on the silver n/a so I actually got a few hundred dollars back. The Turbo, I had to walk out of Hyundai twice, but finally got them down to 22.5k with gap ins. There wasnt much room to haggle but I did get them below the sticker price. When done, I was more than happy with the financial aspect of the deal. From someone that has done it, do it..unless you put down a HUGE amount initially on your lease. You will lose all of that if so.

Thanks to everyone else for replying too - this seems like a pretty cool forum.

Question for anyone with a Turbo. How closely did you follow the engine break -in 'rules' up to 500 miles? It is easy ( well very tempting ) to keep rpms below 4k, but is it absolutely necessary to stay within the range of 2k to 4k always, and to never keep a consistent speed? I may be following this too closely and I feel the 'failure to maintain speed' ticket coming..

Awesome! Going to wait for the tax return, maybe after the 1 year mark in Feb so the pull from the lease is off the books from the credit report! I've only seen 2 here in the Tampa Bay area so far. Hopefully my dealership will work with me when the time comes!

As a new VT owner, myself (yesterday, in fact), I look forward to reading about your "plans." So far, my plans include a Luxon strut bar (going on next week), and probably sway bars and air intake. I need to see how much I can tweak and still have my dealer be willing to honor the warranty.

MTD
    Nice trade up.
    '13 VT

Congrats!!!! And welcome to the forum! Where are you located?

Thanks all. vtlover67 - profile updated..

That price although great seems a lil low compared to what I paid for my Auto trans/Ultimate/Michelin tire package. Is is a Manual trans w/o the Ultimate package?
    Spooling up.

Just was wondering, but why leave your FOB/key laying on the ground?

New Turbo Member-car1.jpg

Nice car, almost like mine

New Turbo Member-wp_000039.jpg
    Ultimate Elite White VT A/T • Window Tint: 35% Front 30% Back • Vogue Signature V Tires • OEM Mudguards • Short Ram Intake • Pierce Motorsports VT-ONE Series Chromoly Strutbrace • Magnaflow Catback Exhaust • Turbosocks FMIC • BTRcc Custom Tune

밥솥

nvyseal,

b/c I didnt realize at this point that the loud beep, that occurs when you walk away from the car (with the fob on you), does stop after a few seconds. This is of course with the car started...

congrats on your new VT.
    2012 26.2 Yellow Veloster
    2008 Kia Sportage
    1991 Dodge D150

Quote Originally Posted by nvyseal View Post
    Just was wondering, but why leave your FOB/key laying on the ground?

Attachment 10877

Nice car, almost like mine

Attachment 10878
    lol, I was about to say Congrats...and you dropped your keys, LMAO!
    Pete

"I live my life 1/4 mile at a time. nothing else matters, not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all of their b/s. And for those 10 seconds or less... I'm f
    ree."

Congrats. It seems like a lot of people are finally getting their VTs. I'm freaking still waiting, this sucks big time.

Where did you manage to get yours from, ie. what dealer? Is it a Manual or Automatic? Ultimate package or Standard?

cignaxi - Woodbridge, VA, but the car was on the Richmond, VA lot. I know at the time there were two..and the other was an auto utlimate; but this was almost 4 weeks ago. I have the standard as I didnt want the sunroof; I leased a '12 VM for a year and I couldnt close the inside cover on the sunroof without my head getting stuck and locking my body into position..lol..maybe the '13 sunroofs have more clearance on the utlimates idk..didnt seem worth it to me but the utlimates look sweet..not complaining one bit b/c i LOVE my VTM

Nice to hear that. Enjoy!

21. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements