NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashing LED lights

Flashing LED lights

I watched a youtube video of the white VT with the headlight LED lights flashing in series left to right and in the ring light, going in a circle. Was that an add on relay or something because my VT does not so that when I put the emergency flashers on. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Generally any custom style of flashing other then just the general off and on is probably a custom flash module, exledshop or diode dynamics usually carry those kinds of modules.

Thanks.

I believe that's due to the camera. Whenever I go to take pictures/video of my car with my average camera or with my droid, the LED's and Halo's are flashing like it's custom. The OP is probably talking about the video where the salesman from the dealership is doing a review of the VT in some parking lot. Mine flash exactly like that. I'm pretty sure it's just how the camera sees the light and it flashes for some reason.

I could be wrong though and the OP saw a completely different vid with a modded VT.

it is capture rate combined with the light wave. similar situation-watching wheels spin while under sodium (yellow) street lights, and it looks like it starts spinning backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by VVraith View Post
    it is capture rate combined with the light wave. similar situation-watching wheels spin while under sodium (yellow) street lights, and it looks like it starts spinning backwards.
    I've always wondered that but never really bothered to look it up.

thank u

Actually LEDs use what is called pulse wave modulation. The LEDs actually flash (pulse) at a rate that is much faster then the human eye can see. When you see a video or a camera shot of LEDs they appear to flash because they are doing just that and the frame rate of of the camera is faster than the pulse which basically pauses the pulse in the picture. The pulse wave modulation is used to extend the life of the LED and allow them to run cooler by turning them on and off so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaVT View Post
    I watched a youtube video of the white VT with the headlight Peimar led flashing in series left to right and in the ring light, going in a circle. Was that an add on relay or something because my VT does not so that when I put the emergency flashers on. Any ideas?
    You will not find these lights in market. You need help of some expert to design these lights. I often do that
    Last edited by Endkimy; 11-20-2012 at 01:59 AM.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements