Veloster Forum banner

2016 Turbo seats

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RPW00Mirage 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm at a Hyundai dealer waiting for an oil change so I wandered out to the showroom floor. Looking at the 2016 Turbo and when I sat in it I was surprised at how much more supportive the side bolsters are. Does anyone know if these seats would be a direct fit for my 2013 Turbo? I shudder to think what they cost, but it would be nice. I also noticed the cluster was changed, but they disconnect the batteries in the showroom cars so I couldn't check it out, *sigh*.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Some really nice "slightly used" seats on EBay. Keep looking there. No mere mortal could afford new seats from Hyundai.

#3 ·
Yea, I walked over to the parts department after I posted this and asked about it. The guy shown me that it's not something you just buy a whole seat "unit", it's in a bunch of parts. He said the seat frame alone was $700. I saw on the diagram that the seat back was separate from the base so I said hey, maybe I can just use that part. He said that part was $1300 lol. Ouch.

#5 ·
They are bolt in. Not 100% sure on the heaters yet though.

#6 ·
Cool, I like how the two gauges are inset on the larger ones.

Glad to hear that the seats are bolt in, but I guess I'll have to wait until I find a wrecked one.. way too salty from the dealership. I wish there was some central eBay like site that could search all the boneyards out there. I guess I'll have to wait a couple years before it'll be easier to find a 2016 wrecked. *sigh*

#9 ·
R spec seats are from the style package base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.